seriously Marvel; WTH Black panther?

okay so i’m the whitest person on the planet but why in the name of stan lee is the new black panther a white chick?

here’s hoping its just some photoshop magic; or some thing weird; cause otherwise its pretty wrong.

It was a promotional thing, there were some weird ones, like Sue Storm. The current Black Panther is Shuri, T’Challa’s sister… http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10991/Shuri.jpg

Echo isn’t a “white chick”, she’s “Native American”/Hispanic, but I’m not even sure if she’s alive anymore, her friends in The New Avengers seem to have forgotten all about her… Hm…

I know she was in Japan and the New Avengers met up with her during Secret Invasion. That was the last time anyone saw her but apparently she’s gonna show up in Spider Woman

Looking at the New Avenger line-up so far, she could probably be a member of that team again!

Could be, could be.

In related news…JESSICA JONES IS BACK TO BEING A SUPER HERO AND IS IN THE NA! !!!

I don’t want Jess to be a Superhero! :mad:

I want more Alias but I’ll take what I can get. Jessica Jones is my favorite female comic character

Mine too, I just don’t like her to be TOO super y’know?

EOSH (Equal Opportunity Super Hero). I mean Samuel Jackson is Nick Fury. Why does a Black man has to be fury-ful? (Tongue in cheek, I could go on about people of color in comics.)

Seriously though, I see where you’re coming from, but maybe I’m not too bothered since I know little of the original character(s).

I dunno as long as she’s snarky and detectivey and Bendis is still writing her so she will be I’m cool.

Also NA roster thus far:
Wolverine
Spider-man
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones (I hope she ditches Jewel as a name, c’mon)
and
…The Thing? Bwaaaaaaaaaaah?

Oh yeah, as long as she ditched “Jewel” (or even Knightress) it’d be fine, pre Civil War she was pretty much a member anyway!

Looks to me that New Avengers is going to be the Avengers book I follow, it’s got the people I recognise as Avengers in it!

The Thing is an intersting addition! Ben and Wolverine = Awesome. Ben and Spidey = Awesome, Spidey and Wolverine = Awesome, so ALL THREE will be super awesome!