Serenity: The Movie

Just started at 9 eastern on Sci-Fi, if anyone wants to watch it.

Goram it! It’s almost over now. Well, I did pick it up on DVD (wish I’d waited, though, as Best Buy had the DELUXE edition on sale this past week for six bucks!) and it’s coming to be time for a complete Firefly rewatch for me soon anyway (actually, isn’t there a Wednesday frak party for those starting soon?).

i just finished watching serenity (the movie) for the first time. WOWOWOW. I loved it!!! I thought it was perfect, and the series concept held up incredible as a movie. that was so much fun! if only there was more…

i have to agree, i wait inbetween viewings, and everytime im impressed with the series(season :frowning: ) , and the movie

Has anyone spotted the elusive Big G in the Reaver fleet yet?
Supposedly (and this may be just a rumor), the studio responsible for the CG art snuck the Galactica in somewhere. After all, they (Zoic) also snuck the Serenity into the BSG miniseries.
I’ve looked and looked, but I’ve never found it.

Am I searching in vain … or has someone found it?

Oh, and yes … splendid little flick. And one of the best “big fleet fights” ever.

This is the scene from the mini-series when Roslin finds out she has cancer. I’ll have to look for Galactica in Serenity.

holy fun trivia… that is so cool, how did i not see that b4??

It was not the Galactica but a wedge shaped vessel that appeared twice in BSG

I believe in this shot of the ship is orbiting New Caprica.

Here is what Battlestar wiki has to say about it:
This ship appears to be based on a design created by a fan of the series, Todd Boyce. On his website where many other fan fiction renderings are hosted, he called the ship the “Defender”.

With some Reaver additions, the ship appears as a background vessel in the movie Serenity. The effects for both Serenity and Battlestar Galactica were produced by Zoic.

I figure that when Joss killed off half the crew - it was the writer’s equivalent of a kid at a beach kicking down all the sandcastles that he made :smiley:

Also, how do a bunch of zombies, albeit Reavers or Wraiths manage to fly spaceships or do other complicated stuff when they’re … zombies?

Maybe they’re more like meth addicts, capable of incredible focus from time to time… while their teeth and souls rot?

Yah, this always perplexed me too.

I never viewed them as zombies, more like Berzerkers. And on the show the TV show they pointed out they ran their ships in considerably less than optimal condition, so they don’t really take care of them, just drive them until they can’t.

I thought the reavers were just people who’d had their minds and bodies messed with to the point of extreme psychosis, at least based on the movie’s explanation. And as Smarx points out, they never ran their ships in the best, most enviornmentally conscious condition.

Can you imagine Dualla & Gaeta as Reavers or Wraiths co-ordinating FTL operations? :rolleyes:

“Dradis contact: BRAAAAAINS!!!”

Berzerkers. That it. Thanks.

Yay! I just noticed that Serenity is now available for subscribers to watch instantly on Netflix.

They aren’t zombies. Zombies are reanimated corpses. Reavers are people who’ve become violent psychotic monsters. I guess they have just enough awareness to pilot ships…