See BSG again, through someone else's eyes

Peter Ha, of Time mag’s Techland (neé Nerd World) blog, is watching BSG for the first time on DVD.

Here’s his first post, wherein he discovered that there was a miniseries he was unaware of (he had somehow gotten the UK S1 set.)

Here’s his second, in which he is confused by Water.

I’m enjoying this, and it’s worth subscribing to the Techland RSS feed to keep up.

I should do that for Lexx, but I doubt I’d get a following. Lexx doesn’t even seem to have a following here on GWC.

Is it not that good? Better or worse than Andromeda? Andromeda is low on my scale.

Well, at this level you have to ask whom you’re doing this for. If it’s you and/or a couple of geeks, go for it. If you’re expecting a path beaten to your door, maybe not so much.

I want to be the next Felicia Day…except male…

JK. You make a good point. I’ve loaded Lexx episode 1 on Hulu, but there’s no closed caption for it. ): I have a hearing impediment, so it’s important.

Yeah. Good luck with that. Let us know how it turns out…

Point taken with Andromeda. It didn’t go as well as it could have. Now Lexx is like scifi in a Bong. It’s all great and wild but very weird and cheesy at times. That and after you are done the munchies get ya everytime.:smiley:

I finished the first episode. I don’t want to base too much on it because we know how uncharacteristic first episodes can be (Encounter at Farpoint). Kinda funny, I was eating cookies while I watched. d:

I’ll prolly see more, but I’m not expecting much. And goodness, I hope they change that guy’s hair…

Not gonna start a blog for it. No Felicia Day fame for me. d:

I love LEXX!! but I do seem to be in the minority.

I am good with that…

Don’t get me wrong i’m in that minority to. I just can’t take it as serious at BSG or Trek. Now if they had a unedited marathon of it i’m there.:smiley: