Season 2 episode 1

Buffy Season 2 episode 1
When she was bad

Quotes

Snyder: The first day back it always gets me
Giles: Yes
Snyder: I mean its incredible. One day the campus is completely bare, empty. The next there are children everywhere. Like locusts, creaking around mindlessly bent on feeding and mating… destroying everything in sight of their relentless, pointless desire to exist.
Giles: I do enjoy these pep talks. have your ever considered, given your abhorrence of children… school principal was not perhaps your true vocation.
Snyder: Somebody’s gotta keep an eye on them, they’re a bunch of hormonal time bombs. every time a pretty girl walks by, every boy turns into a gibbering fool.
(Jenny walks by and Giles turns into a gibbering fool.)

(i demand an emmy for that alone)

Buffy not everything’s about kissing
Xander Yeah some stuffs about groping

Buffy: Cordelia , Your mouth is open, sound is coming from it. This is never good.

Xander: Are we overlooking the idea that she may be very attracted to me? (wilow and giles look to each other than Xander).
Xander: She’s possessed.

Snyder: There are some things I can just smell. It’s like a sixth sense.
Giles: No, actually, that would be one of the five.
Snyder: That Summers girl, I smell trouble. I smell expulsion and just the faintest aroma of jail. (why was there no emmy for this man?)

Giles punishing yourself like this is pointless
Buffy it’s entirely pointy. i was a moron

Bad thoughts with a Joan Collins’ tude

let me just start with something controversial say the first scene with Xander and Willow too this day makes we wish Xander and willow had spent the series as couple. I know Tara was awesome, and i love her to pieces but this scene make me want them together dammit. married happy with kids.

Snyder is awesome the entire speech… just awesome…

Buffy getting strangled by giles is just so wrong… I’m traumatized a little every time.

Anointed one annoying as always but its cool… two weeks to go :slight_smile:

Buffy dancing with Xander… if it wasn’t for ice cream nose i’d be all about those two kids hooking up.

when Buffy tries to goad Angel into a fight i so wanted to see him throw her into the bronze through a window. and then he could disappear into the night. it would have been classic.

Buffy is always awesome when killing stuff with a giant hammer.

A stronger emphasis on the dialog, and allowing the actors more freedom. a great first episode.

an early draft of the classic Mal to Jayne comment

Snyder: There are some things I can just smell. It’s like a sixth sense.
Giles: No, actually, that would be one of the five.
Snyder: That Summers girl, I smell trouble. I smell expulsion and just the faintest aroma of jail. (why was there no emmy for this man?)

I hear you brother. also the moment when jibbering Giles follows after Jenny and Snyder is left talking to himself–priceless. it would have been so easy to show the payoff when he realizes he’s on his own. this was so much better

let me just start with something controversial say the first scene with Xander and Willow too this day makes we wish Xander and willow had spent the series as couple. I know Tara was awesome, and i love her to pieces but this scene make me want them together dammit. married happy with kids.

let me climb right on that politically incorrect bandwagon with you. of course happily married with kids is not the Way of the Joss

Buffy getting strangled by giles is just so wrong… I’m traumatized a little every time.

even worse than Saul shooting Bill in the eye

Anointed one annoying as always but its cool… two weeks to go :slight_smile:
but he’s great at the end: “I hate that girl!” (Sooooooooo looking forward to Spike dealing with him)

Buffy dancing with Xander… if it wasn’t for ice cream nose i’d be all about those two kids hooking up.
but I love how they all know it’s wrong–even the teenage boy she’s rubbing herself on

and I’m with Xander–B’s hair? total awesomeness

also, nice to see Joyce and the Ex. when did he become the deadbeat loserdad they can’t even get in touch with when Joyce dies?