Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

I just got into these graphic novels about a 23 year old Canadian slacker who is dating a mysterious rollerblading delivery girl. In order for him to continue dating her he has to defeat her 7 evil ex-boyfriends in serious kung fu - street fighter style battles. It’s really funny stuff.

It’s not really Sci-Fi but it is loaded with video game references and indie music parodies. the drawing is very simple, no color and minimal pencil strokes but the characters are great and their emotions are real.

Check it out, you’ll love it.

you can see a preview of each issue at the website

http://www.scottpilgrim.com/

It’s great. Very good to give to non-comic readers to get them hooked.

I just picked up the firdt 2 volumes. They were great. I laughed my butt off. I’m going later this week to buy the rest.

In anticipation of the movie coming out I decided to pick up the first book. I really enjoyed it. It was nice light-hearted geeky fun. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books.

With the poster release and the trailer appearing i decided to start movie threaddown in the “other sci Fi” section

Got book 6 last night and read it last night as well. What an awesome series. I want to reread it all in one go now. But that last fight was pretty epically awesome!

I just received the final book today from Amazon and can’t wait to read it tonight. The movie comes out in about 3 weeks and it looks pretty good so far.

My LCS got copies in, but they’re the ritish publsiher version, not the Oni Press imports, so I’ve not bought it yet, because I cant have one book not line up correctly with the others!

Wha? There’s different Brit versions?

It’s exactly the same inside, except it’s got a different publisher logo on the spine, and of course the price is in pounds. I CANNOT HAVE A DIFFERENT PUBLISHER LOGO ON MY SHELF!

it wont look right :frowning:

You could always get two…

That brings up a different set of problems. What does she do with the mismatched british version until the matching american version is available? Temporary storage on another shelf? (Unacceptable. It fraks up the existing system for displaying books.) I’d go on about it but I think that would reveal too much about my own anal retentive personality. :slight_smile:

This is true, and the British Version of the last volume in a series isn’t something I can give away to get people to read the series.

Oni press or nothin!’

Up to book 3 right now, and loving it. Saw the movie too, and I think the movie was great as well, but I’m liking the books better.

Yeah, the second-story stuff that was jettisoned for the movie makes for a much rounder tale.

Finished the whole series a few days ago. Love every page of all 6 books! Go read them!