Scenario 1 - Escape from New York

Very nice Cat-EM-UT, loved those added little twists toward the end. And those mind melds sure came in handy!:wink:

Thank you for the nice comments. Also I want to thank Solai for his kind words that i picked Tony Stark first :wink:

Basically, it’s this pink door he can take out of his 4D pocket, and he goes “I would like to go to where President [name]/Scientist [name] is right now.” and he opens the door, and on the other side of the door will be the destination. It really doesn’t matter if he knows where the place is himself or if it’s to someone he has never met - the door lets them go anywhere, anytime. They even went to the end of the universe using the door in one of the manga stories.

And heh, my team is much lazier than Team Solai. They just let the bystanders kill each other off rather than get in the middle of it.

This is how I picture that conversation: :stuck_out_tongue:

I so see a t-shirt in our future. Well done! :smiley:

That’s made of win.

Well, this one would be a lot more suited for Team EVIL, but here’s my new team’s solution

Team Starsaber
Robot: Arcee
Scientist: Sam Carter
Warrior: Mara Jade Skywalker
Alien: Jadzia Dax

My team’s first instinct was to beam the crash survivors out, but the prison security force found out that they lost the ability to turn off their transport dampener remotely. The team went in and reached the crash site, only to find out that the president was taken and learn about the existence of the bioweapon from an injured Secret Service member. They quickly searched the wreckage and found one of the briefing documents on the bioweapon.

Sam looked up from the briefing document. " Six hours after infection, the subject experiences an aneurism above the visual cortex. This can’t be right. The symptoms are identical to a nanovirus the Atlantis Expedition encountered a couple years ago. This even mentions that a small percentage of the people infected experienced the symptoms, but didn’t have the aneurism."

“What’s our plan?” Jadzia asked.

“The president still has to be our first priority,” Sam countered. “Mara, assuming the small percentage have the same genetic marker as the people who survived the virus on Atlantis, you should be safe.”*

“Even if I’m not, I have experience using the Force to resist viruses,” Mara agreed.

“Then I want you to find the scientist and destroy his notes and virus sample. We should have a conversation with him before we let him go,” Sam said. “Jadzia, Arcee, I want you to find out where the president is being held and wait as close as you can get without being detected.”

“What will you be doing?” Arcee asked.

“I’m going to go to the transport dampener and turn it off. I’ll give you ten minutes notice before I do so that you can reach your targets. Mara and Jadzia, once you have them, beam to the Rio Grande. Once Mara and Jadzia beam up, I’ll reactivate the dampener. Arcee, I’ll need you to elude pursuit and come pick me up so we can get back to the insertion point before either gang finds it.”

“What if Mara gets infected with the nanovirus?” Jadzia asked. “I might be immune since I’m not human, but the president certainly won’t be.”

“Atlantis discovered that a sufficiently strong electromagnetic pulse will burn out the nanites,” Sam explained.

*One extremely good Stargate/Star Wars crossover fanfic I read said that all human Jedi were direct descendants of the Ancients, and therefore would have the ATA gene. I’m using that theory for the purposes of this solution.

Ah what the hell, here’s a Team EVIL solution too.

Team EVIL
Robot: Lore
Scientist: Saruman
Warrior: Darth Vader
Alien: Ba’al

Getting the scientist and the bioweapon would be no problem, since all four team members would be immune to it, pretty much whatever it is (Lore and Vader for obvious reasons, Saruman’s not technically human, and Ba’al’s symbiont would heal him).

Ba’al and Vader get the bioweapon, killing whoever they have to along the way, while Lore and Saruman rescue the president. They get ringed up to Ba’al’s cargo ship and threaten to put the president back down on the island if he doesn’t give them power. Once he does (or if he doesn’t and they drop him back to the island), they synthisize more of the bioweapon and use the threat of it to take over the world.

I hope this isn’t too long.

(The scene is a 1930s-style square brick building in an unidentified Eastern city. A man wearing a cheap blue suit and scuffed brown shoes walks down the street. He twirls a pen before knocking on the door four times. Someone on the other side knocks three times. Mr. Blue Suit knocks three times back. Then someone knocks four more times back. Blue Suit knocks twice. The door cracks open.)

Inside Man: It looks cold out there.

Blue Suit: Funny, I saw a robin today.

(The door swings open and Mr. Blue Suit walks inside. The lights click on as soon as the door closes, showing a large room filled with tables. Dr. Walter Bishop stands behind a Rube Goldberg collection of beakers, pipes and burners. Vir stands close by. Neither Captain Shakespeare nor Marvin is anywhere in sight. A small dark-haired man with fine features and a nervous twitch stands near Mr. Blue Suit without looking at him.)

Walter Bishop (while crouched over a lab table): Oh. Could you turn those back down a bit.

Blue Suit: What’s going on here?

Inside Man: Well… about that… um…

Blue Suit: John?

Inside Man: Well, you see, um…

Blue Suit: John. Didn’t I tell you not to let them out of here.

Inside Man: Um… You see, I didn’t really let them out.

Blue Suit: Really, then what exactely is Dr. Bishop doing over there?

Dr. Bishop: It’s very fascinating. You see these molecules (He gestures at the desktop. The camera zooms in to show Bishop has written out a formula on the table top.) You see it bonds with -

Blue Suit (face twisting in anger): Was I talking to you! No I wasn’t. Now if you would kindly shut your … gosh… darn… mouth before I drag you down to the closest dark alley and make a mug out of your skull!

(Dr. Bishop and Vir cower back. They look like they are going to start talking, but stop as they look at Blue Suit. Blue Suit closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.)

Blue Suit (with eyes still closed): John. You do realize the consequences if they leave this facility, right?

John: Yes, sir.

Blue Suit: You do realize I am trusting you to keep them inside this facility.

John: Yes, sir.

Blue Suit (opening his eyes and fixing John with an icy stare): So why exactly is Dr. Bishop using a top secret biological weapon like a … gosh… darn… chemistry kit?

John: Well sir, I think he found it on a dead scientist.

Blue Suit: You think? You THINK! So when are you going to friggen know! (takes a deep breath as John shrinks back.) How about you explain to be exactly where did he find this dead scientist?

John: On fictional plane Alpha Romeo 782963, sir. Um… somehow, someone managed to get a hold of a multi-dimensional incongruity drive and a mission disk.

Blue Suit: So Escape from New York. So now why don’t you tell me exactly what happened? Who found the multi-dimensional incongruity drive.

John: Well Dr. Bishop did and Vir talked him into using it.

Vir: Well, sir -

Blue Suit: Did you not hear me the first time? Was I not particularly clear? Do I need to clean out your ears or do I need to tear them off and braid them into you pretty… gosh… darn… hair. (closes his eyes and takes a deep breath) So what did they do?

John: Well, sir it seems like Captain Shakespeare always wanted to see New York.

Blue Suit: Captain Shakespeare! You mean he got out too? What kind of detention facility are you running here? Next you’re going to tell me Marvin got out too.

John: Um…

Blue Suit (shaking head): Don’t tell me.

John: They dragged him along.

Blue Suit: OK… OK… just tell me what happened when they went to New York. I’m assuming the monitoring devices were still working.

John: Yes sir. It seems Dr. Bishop installed the drive onto Captain Shakespeare’s ship and they flew above the cloud cover collecting lightning. Then they spotted the plane.

Blue Suit: The President’s plane?

John: Yes sir. It seems Marvin spotted it first, but since no one asked him it took Vir to lead them down. They spotted the plane, but didn’t find the president there. They did find a Secret Service agent down in the plane, who told them the President got taken to one of the camps and there was a biological agent down there too.

Blue Suit: And of course they had to save the day.

John: Well, unfortunantly yes, sir.

Blue Suit: Tell me they didn’t take any high tech in there.

John: Um… well… um…

Blue Suit (taking a deep breath): How bad?

John: It seems Vir brought a small energy weapon and… well… Dr. Bishop brought along some sort of hypnosis machine.

Blue Suit: Of course he brought a hypnosis machine, because this can’t possibly get any worse. So they decided to split up, right?

John: Yes, how do you know?

Blue Suit: Because they always friggen split up. It’s always, ‘Oh we’ll go save the President and you stop the the horrible bomb.’ Pah, heroes. So I’m guessing Shakespeare and Marvin went to go save the President. Shakespeare stunned them all with the lightning they collected and saved him. While Dr. Bishop and Vir used the hypnosis machine to convince one of the guards to hand over the formula.

John (confused): Well yes sir…

Blue Suit: So?

(John continues to look confused.)

Blue Suit: So I see Dr. Bishop over there playing with the… gosh… darn… biological weapon, but I don’t see the President. Or Captain Shakespeare for that matter

(From a back room) Shakespeare (singing): I feel pretty. I feel pretty. I feel pretty and witty and gay. Oh I pity any boy who isn’t me today.