Savage Worlds RPG system and Deadlands Reloaded setting for it

You’ve heard me drone on and on about this, my fav tabletop, paper&dice RPG. And Chuck and Audra’s friend Abigail talked about it on a podcast a while back.

Just fyi, a video I found (from 2008) that describes what it is:

//youtu.be/ObVQ1ViDWuc

damn son!

This dude is “Billie Mays” good in clarity of presentation and enthusiasm for the product. In less than 10 minutes he got me deeply interested in this pass time. That “single die” mechanic definitely sounds speedy and fun.

I think I’ll make inquiries at my local den of inequity (aka. comic book/game shop).

Thanks for linkage :slight_smile:

I played a number of RPGs in my time. D&D and the FASA Star Trek RPG.

And maybe… damn I don’t even remember. Maybe 8 years ago (?) started Game Mastering Deadlands Classic. (A great game).

And then… I want to say 5 years ago(?) Pinnacle came out with this Savage Worlds generic RPG system and Deadlands Reloaded setting for it.

Anyway, love the mechanics of savage worlds. So straitforward and fast — never (or seldom) finding ourselves having to stop everything and look at a rule book or figure out some obscure thing. It litterallly is fast, furious and fun.

And the Deadlands setting —so great: Gunslinglers, Mad Steampunk Scientists, Card dealing spelling users, Indian Shaman, Civil war soldiers…vamprires, undead, etc etc… What’s not to love? :smiley:

TFG … is this a good place to start?

Savage World Deluxe Edition

I need something to peruse while I couch surf and think it would be fun to immerse in this.

OB

P.S. just mentioning this game at my local comic/game shop earned so huge geek cred … think the scene from WarGames with Jim and Malvin ( aka Mr. Potatohead)

Yup. I have this version, but it’s the same thing (pre-deluxe updates).

But mind you that’s just the generic RPG system rules of Savages Worlds.

You’ll need the Deadlands: Reloaded setting book to play the deadlands RPG.

Funny thing, we’d been playing regular Deadlands for a couple years, and I stopped in a game shop in Maine and eyed the Savage Worlds/Deadlands: Reloaded books, and the two workers at the store totally geeked over it and recommended it highly.

cool beans :slight_smile:

I’ve “one clicked” this weighty tome.

I’ll use my Mark-1 eyeballs to peruse during the depths of winter.

cheers.