Samantha Carter VS Hermione Granger

[b]To make this a fair fight there is no magic and no advanced alien technology allowed in this geek deathmatch. There is no physical contact allowed between the two contestants (because we all know Carter could kick sorryBarb there) This is a contest of intelligence. This is brain power baby!

Who would win Jeopardy!

In this corner we have the incredible Samantha Carter. She is a brilliant scientist, a warrior, and capable leader with Stargate Command. She is well known for talking a lot of techno-babble gobbledygook while assisting the less intelligent male peers who probably would have been killed a lot sooner without her seemingly unlimited book-smarts and know-how. She has a weakness for men who don’t live past the third date. In her free time she enjoys tinkering with her naquahdah generators, fishing, blowing up suns, and fighting for freedom from slavery to false gods.

And in this corner we have witch extraordinaire Hermione Granger. She is well known for talking a lot of techno-babble gobbledygook while assisting the less intelligent male peers who probably would have been killed a lot sooner without her seemingly unlimited book-smarts and know-how. She has a weakness for Quidditch players and red heads. In her free time she likes reading every book in the Hogwarts library, inciting revolutions with the House Elves, and fighting for freedom from the Dark Lord.[/b]

Best. Geek. Deathmatch. Evarrrrrrr.

Carter. Hermione would get nervous and blow it. She’d try to buzz in too soon and then get locked out. She’d also underbet on Daily Doubles and Final Jeopardy. Carter would be a cool, sexy cucumber and she would dominate.

What she said.

Carter would also pull a Jennings and make her final total something like $1337

Samantha Carter would OWN Hermoine…
Hermoine is great when she says “Xbox Petroleum” or whatever, but without any magic…she’d be lost

Sam’s got it all on Hermione in this instance. She’s got more general knowledge, more experience, and a calmer head. Hermione can hope for, at BEST, a single category on Latin Roots or something and even that category Sam might be able to hold her own.

In Hermione’s defense, I think that she grew up a lot in the last three books and could give a good run of it on Jeopardy. The girl is a walking encylopedia. I really wanted to do this deathmatch because Carter and Granger are in essence the same character. It’s really interesting to see how the votes are going. :slight_smile:

When I saw the title the first thing I thought about was the shower fight scene in Undercover Brother.

I’ll be in my bunk.

Kinda funny since I was thinking something along the same line. Carter is kinda a grown up Hermione lol

It’s Carter FTW. Hermione is great and all. Just that she is TOTALLY outclassed by Samantha. If they were working together. She would be along for the ride until the last moment. Hermione would then put together some part of an obscure puzzle or recall an insignificant reference from earlier on. With Carter says I knew she would come in handy.

It all depends on the categories. If we are talking about the type of Jeopardy questions we are used to seing on tv, then there is no doubt Samantha would win. Hermione really is brilliant and a walking encyclopedia, but most of her knowledge is related to charms, potions and items found in the wizarding world. With her muggle parents she’s got more knowledge about the “real world” than a lot of wizards, but it’s the wizarding world she has spent all those hours at the library studying.

As for personality, Hermione has grown up quite a bit but I still think she’s got a couple of years to go before she’ll be as calm and confident as Samantha.

Good battle Baconface; both women suffer from the same problem. They are smart and sassy, and have to live in two worlds. Thereby never being a true master of either…

Hermione being torn between the world of magic and muggles, and Sam between Earth ( and any hope for a normal life) and the Stars.

Personally I think Sam would win because she had to go through the entire normal and higher educational system in order to get where she is, whereas Hermione only went through the lower grades of normal schooling and then immersed herself in Hogwart’s. Her vast knowledge of magic, potions and the arcane arts will not be of any use in a game of Jeopardy.

So Hermione’s age and unusual education is actually a handicap as I see it.

I am sorry, I thought this was about who is hotter… can i hast a do over?

anyway, Hermione will win at Jeopardy if the category is “Arts at Hogwart’s” or something like that…

My thought as well, which is why I can’t choose! Perhaps if we had Sam Vs. Hermione at the same age… ? No, that would make it more difficult again.

Hermione’s advantage may be that she is quicker with the controls. Still, Samantha caused a supernova (and never lived it down). Jeopardy would be cake. d:

Just because Sam’s reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn’t mean she can’t handle whatever Hermione can handle. :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, Hermione’s a witch. She turned me into a newt! :eek:

Hey, they retconned that line in redo!!

So I am surprised at how skewed the results are, even though I voted for Sam and would vote for her again. Hermione is too high strung to be a Jeopardy champion, especially in low-stakes situations rather than life-and-death-and-Horcrux situations. She would know a lot of the answers–her curiosity knows no bounds. She probably reads all kinds of non Hogwarts, A History books that she doesn’t tell Ron and Harry about.

Against most folks, I think Hermione would dominate. But against Sam Carter… well… my money’s on Carter.

This is how to create a Deathmatch. Premise. Parameters. Hotness.

Google-fu don’t fail me now. whoosh

Yeah but if they had time to prepare and an idea of the categories. It’s an even match.

I can count on one hand how many episodes of Stargate that I’ve scene. (Collective gasp acknowledged) So, I can’t judge Carter’s abilities based on my experience only from what I’ve heard.

Starbuccaneer makes a wonderful argument. Carter sounds like a calm and cool character and that may be the advantage required to take this match. Brains simply won’t cut it.

Carter, just cause she’s the macgiver of today, one way or another she would find a way to win.

P.s. Insert joke about no physical contact