Saddest Whedonverse death

Ahhh - it’s about time! How can you be an OG and not be able to use Multi-Quote? :smiley:

In Thot’s case, ‘OG’ stands for: Original Gump

Oh yea - forgot about that!

'tis sad, but 'tis ture. ThotFullMama always said that life is like a box of chocolates. But ThotFullMama never taught me how to open the box.:eek:

There’s something very important you need to understand, spatter.
The name “Thotfullguy” means that my brain is full of thots. But that don’t mean I’m bright. Most of the thots are dumb ones.

But you can say ‘Bunk’ in 14 languages.:slight_smile:

I see…

I can cuss in 3 different languages. :smiley:

Re: Aliens, what Topgun said. The Wikipedia article about the flick has a funn quote from Joss saying “it was acted wrong, shot wrong, scored wrong, etc.”

Pardon if you’ve seen me make the remark before, but once I discovered Buffy, my wife quickly went from “What the frak are you watching?” to “Spike is hot.” And she’s not big into sci-fi fantasy. So, yeah, in my experience, it’s accessible.

kind of the standard reaction from female w/pulse. Spike is sex on a pale, slight, beautifully muscled stick

So, if I get my wife into watching Buffy with me, are you saying it’s gonna get her all randy and stuff? Sweet!

I’m not touching this one.

I.
Y.
K.
W.
I.
M.

yeah, that was bad. I shouldn’t post when I’m this tired.

good night, GWC

I voted for Jenny Calender but not for her death, for Gile’s reaction to it. Gile’s mah boy. He’s all like “Hell yeah I’m gonna get laid” and then he’s like “.Oh…Oh crap. T_T”

I vote for Firefly.

Had to vote for Wash. I’m not at all familar with the Buffy 'verse. I hated to see him go, but from a story telling perspective, it made the fight at the end so much more meaningful to have a main character die rather than the nameless crew member.

On another note, I’m handling the avatar changes much better now and am enjoying seeing the Terminator effects. You guys are so clever!

I’ve seen all of these deaths and this is a tough one. Seeing people running by Anya’s lifeless body(eyes open) broke my heart. Tara’s and Wash’s deaths came so unexpectedly and in front of the person that loved them most (who then used the death of their lover to destroy the responsible parties). Joyce actually died of biological causes and not supernatural or external, which just made it all the more sympathetic and gut-wrenching. But, I had to vote for Fred, because she died, her soul was destroyed and her body inhabited by a blue lady. She was gone, but right in front of them everyday. Having his characters remind themselves that the person they saw in front of them is not really there is probably the saddest and sickest thing Joss has done. And I still love him. Can’t wait for DOLLHOUSE!

I think I almost cried when Wash died

I had to go with Joyce. Frankly, I think that The Body is one of the single best episodes of television ever made.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t exactly happy to see Anya, Tara, Wesley et al. bite the dust, but I think Joyce’s death was one of the only ones that was actually dealt with like a real death. The others just kind of…happened; they were sudden and unexpected, and the show never really “mourned them” (probably because many of them happened in the respective finales)

Wash :(:(:(:frowning:

Correct, that is.