Saddest Whedonverse death

Because I’m curious what people actually think: whose death was the saddest in the world of Joss Whedon?

Penny. Oh…dear dear penny…:frowning:

What about Shepherd Book? I would rank them together.

couldn’t possibly rank them, so in no particular order:

Joyce
Fred
Wesley
Wash
Book
Tara
Jenny
Cordelia
Doyle
Anya
and of course, Penny
ETA: that kid in “The Message”
Inara’s friend in the microwave brothel

and an honorable mention to those who died tragically only to return and fight again
Angel
Spike
Buffy

Joss sure kills a lot of people, doesn’t he?

btw: answered before it was a poll

No question about it, it was Fred.

And it’s always the ones we love, isn’t it?

Full disclosure: Thot has never seen an episode of Buffy or an episode of Angel.:o

such blashephmy (sp?) burns me ears.:wink:

This was a tough one. but for pure emotional smack down it has to be Joyce’s death in the body…

a close second was Fred’s death in the last season of angel, it was a very powerful scene.

on a side note. all these peoples death… wow they do like to kill folks don’t they

that’s just tragic

Oh, I haven’t finished watching Dr. Horrible yet… I didn’t know Penny dies! It makes me so sad just to learn this!

Sob.

Of course, I guess that’s my answer to the poll, then.

Dude. I am sooo sorry. I feel bad that I ruined it. :frowning:
If it makes you feel better, my brother ruined Fight Club for me 2 days after it came out.

Doh. Too good of a movie to have ruined. Bummer.

Oooops. Sorry man.
Hey guess what: Darth Vader is Luke’s father.

WASH! :frowning:

I have to admit, I’ve only seen one episode of Angel. I was going to give it a shot, but I happened to tune in to the one where Fred dies. Don’t get me wrong, it was really well done, but I just couldn’t bring myself to get into the series after starting out with something so depressing.

Waaaaaaaash!!

Also, how is a “-est” poll multiple selection?

It was late and I wasn’t paying attention. It’s too late to fix it.:stuck_out_tongue:

[12-step program welcome mode on] Welcome Thot. [/mode off]

Quit reading as soon as I hit Wash. That was the worst for me. I love Shepherd and since I’m in the same 12-step group as Thot, I don’t know any of the Buffy or Angel characters but damn, Wash was definitely the worst for me.

Yeah, I am NOT gonna look at that poll result. I’m afraid I’ll read a Spoiler.
On the other hand, who knows…maybe it would be more enjoyable watching Angel and/or Buffy knowing ahead of time who lives and who dies.