RunKeeper Street Team

I just started using RunKeeper (runkeeper.com) to track when I run and walk. Any GWCers that use it? Might be fun to have a Street Team for encouragement.

I do. I’m Chuck Cage on Runkeeper. :slight_smile:

And then there were two. :slight_smile:

Three, actually! Audra’s on our little street team, too. Looking forward to some team interaction. Who knows–maybe someday we’ll get across the ocean and can run together. :slight_smile:

Great.

And there will always be beds waiting in Stockholm for GWCers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I want to emphasize that I’m not yet a ”real” runner. I walk a lot to build up strength in my bum knee. So don’t be intimidated by ”Run” in RunKeeper. It’s good for keeping track of all kind of healthy activities.

I have been dealing with a similar issue. Well, I got back to running about a year ago (and LOVE!) but had a slight knee injury this spring that set me back. I just started running again 2 weeks ago and I am taking it really slow. I’ve also lost a lot of stamina. So we can be “not real runners…yet” buddies.

My PT and a few of my gym friends (really? I can’t believe I have those) have given me some really good ideas for strengthening my quads, which is definitely helping. Moving from downward dog (the yoga position) to reverse tabletop is good for both quads and shoulders.

I just joined Runkeeper too! I used to really enjoy running but lost touch with it and am looking for the motivation to get back out there. Plus the motivation of a race is helping me by giving me a goal!

Taking it slow is good. I have walked a lot during the spring and early summer to build strength in my knee. I also started to work on technique (stride and posture) to further reduce the risks for injuries.

I did run a 10k this week, but it was to early. Managed a good time without hurting myself. Still, I felt it and should really take it slower (hard to do when it’s so much fun).

I will definitely look into yoga. I think my long back would really benefit as well.

RunKeeper has been beneficial so far. It’s fun to track your Street Team, give and get encouragement.