RPG Characters

Here is where you can post your characters-

I will add the NPC’s latter, I don’t want to give too much away.:wink:

Central NPC’s

Betwixt

Deputy Barney Tane- A second-guesser, after spending a month aboard the colony ship in a tight confined space with his wife, he simply could not endure the thought of another month of her nagging and complaining. Or even worse; being trapped on the outer rim with her ‘till death do we part’ on a planet with no hope of escape.

He jumped ship at Vega 4 and never looked back, that was 3 years ago. It is quiet on Vega 4, far quieter than where he came from; it took some getting used to but now; he loves it on the ‘little rock far from civilization’. He is loose with the rules and cares more about the townsfolk’s welfare and keeping the peace, than about regulations and ordinances.

Senior Deputy Roderick Eferand- A small man with a HUGE chip on his shoulder, unlike Barney (could there be anything worse than being a deputy with the first name of BARNEY?) Rod came to Vega 4 on purpose. And as a law officer to boot, he is a very ‘by the numbers’ kind of control freak. He is not liked or respected by pretty much anyone on the entire continent. And he does not like being called ‘Rod’ or especially ‘Little Richard’, he is the only constable on the planet who starches his uniform.

He is furious that another officer is being sent to ‘replace’ the former Sheriff, he thinks HE should be replacing ‘ole Bo’ as the locals called him.

Colonial Marshall Cheveyo Blackcloud- A legend among the outer planets, he is rumored to be a Shaman, and the descendant of a famous ‘Miracle Worker’. He is a humble and quiet man, and dresses and grooms himself very ‘out of regulation’ but no one ever says anything; “it is just his way” they say. He is given free reign to investigate ‘unusual cases’, why? Because he has a way of solving them, no one knows how, and no one he helps ever volunteers any information about what happened. And the Bureau soon learned to stop asking and to just be satisfied with the results; however they may have arrived…

‘Shameful’ Shamus O’Connell- One of the very first Entrepreneurs to establish a business betwixt the spaceport and the hub. And also one of the most notorious! Built almost entirely by his hands, and furnished and equipped by some rather dubious contributions and acquisitions. His liquor is rumored to be made from stills run by Boones out in the woods, and his meat is also rumored to be ‘game’ acquired from the Boones as well. But the locals learned that if they wanted some inexpensive spirits and food, as well as some entertaining conversation it is best not to think of where the stuff came from… Shamus’ Pub is the hub of gossip and shady dealings in Betwixt, and the source of many a spousal spat.

CCBB

Jerrod ‘Jiggy’ Greene- A retired naval pilot, after growing restless in his retirement and tired of watching his home town decaying and becoming crime ridden. He was convinced by the Pastor to pilot their colony ship to the new ‘Eden’ where they were going to homestead. This is his last ‘flight’, he is going to settle down and enjoy his final years in peace and quiet. Funny how things never seem to work out the way you planned…

PAPA

Navigator Gerrold ‘Jerky’ Jenkins- Troublemaker and practical joker, a loveable pest and an amusing source of entertainment. He livens up long and tedious flights with his jokes, bad puns and endless supply of ‘tall tales’… Joined up with the group when he was banned from commercial shipping because of a ‘practical joke’ he pulled on an Executive of the company.

Gunnery Chief Thomas ‘Twitch’ Welch- Young and energetic, is gifted with remarkable reflexes and hand-eye coordination. Is a little disenchanted with the realities of mercenary life, and has grown suspicious of the ‘Foundation’ which helps to fund the less than ‘Merry little Band’. He sees conspiracies everywhere and is mistrusting of all but his closest friends.

Captain Sean ‘Shaver’ Euleclides- An infamous pilot who was drummed out of the Navy because of his inability to follow orders and obey military protocols and pointless regulations. His unorthodox methods made him toxic to the military but invaluable to the mercenary unit he now calls home. He is intolerant of pomp and pageantry, Naval traditions which serve no useful purpose and Bullsh*t of any kind.

Legend has it that he got his ‘handle’ by bringing his vessel so close to a heavy cruiser that he shaved the name off of its hull but caused no other damage to it, and why did he do this you ask? Why to win a bet of course…

Player Characters so far…

Pike’s-

Name Larry
Age Three, noconituous, years
Race Cylon
Rank if appropriate Janitor
Appearance Shiny
Mannerisms/Quirks if applicable Brain the size of a planet, and I get to mop up your drunken excrement.
Strengths and Weaknesses of Character Brain the size of a planet. Downside, brain the size of a planet.
Moral codes if any Can we just end this now?
Skills Mopping, hyperspacial mathamatics
Talents See above
Species or race abilities No need to sleep, also knives from my frakin’ arms!
Equipment Knives. Ammo. George Foreman grill.
Brief history/Background Deactivated during the First War (oh, that’s a giveaway, isn’t it?) Considered trustworthy enough to handle a mop.

Baconfacepumpkinhead’s-

Name: Melanie (short for Mel’an’tisnicolutani)
Race: Dolvarian
Rank if appropriate: Com officer and resident black market smuggler on Betwixt
Appearance: She has creamy pink scaly skin, large green eyes, and no hair. Melanie is tall for a Dolvarian at just over 5’2".
Mannerisms/Quirks if applicable: Hates authority figures. Can be tempermental if she doesn’t get her way. .
Strengths and Weaknesses of Character:Hates authority figures. Can be tempermental if she doesn’t get her way. She feels most human problems are beneath her. She speaks 12 different languages
Moral codes if any: Once she decides to like you she is loyal to the death-she just doesn’t like many people. Personal honor is something she lives by but she couldn’t care less about bending a few rules to get what she wants…
Skills: Strong physical abilities and stamina.
Talents:Good with a blade, better with a gun. She is an excellent small craft pilot.
Species or race abilities: Females are natural fighters. Males are empathic.
Equipment:
Brief history/Background: Dolvarians are a humanoid species with no noses that breathe through a scaly skin membrane that covers most of the body. The Dolvarian homworld is verdant and humid with many posionous predatory species. Females of the species are the warriors and do not couple with the male of their species until they have proven warrior status among the clans. Males of the species are the caregivers to the young ones of the clans. Male’s are empathic but are rarely seen off of the Dolvarian homeworld.
Melanie was Second Clan Leader (second only to her mother) on her homeworld until she was dishonored and removed from clan rule for something she didn’t do. Melanie doesn’t like to talk about her past. She has sworn a blood oath to avenge her clan and bring honor back to her name.

Name: Jayke Kryger
Race: Human/Lugarian (humanoid aliens)
Height: 6’3"
Weight: 233 lbs. (313 lbs. in his battle armour)
Skin Colour: Caucasian
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Appearance: Shaved head and a goatee. Traditional Lugarian tattoo over the right eye. Kryger wears an old, battered Lugarian power suit passed down from generation to generation in his family. His helmet receives radio transmissions, and also has a powered visor with heat vision as well is night vision, and several scanners and power reading sensors. His armour is made of a Phryxo-Iodonium Alloy, a rare combination which only his people have mastered in creating. It has an inner exo-skeleton which offers extreme mobility and is strong enough to repel most projectile weapons. It also has a small shield generator, which, when the battery is dry, needs several hours to recharge. He also has a utility belt which carries his grenades, ammo clips, and other goodies.
Profession: Mercenary/Bounty Hunter
Base of Operations: Mobile
Weapons: Kryger’s primary weapon is his D4-625 Heavy Blaster Rifle. His model has several illegal modulations on it, as well as an extended ammo clip and sniper attachments, which he uses on covert operations. The rifle has three modes of fire: automatic, semi-automatic bursts, and single shot, which is only used when sniping. He carries two Wolfhowl .66 Heavy Blaster Pistols with him as well, when the heavy-duty rifle just won’t do. The pistols serve well in close-quarter situations or when he needs more shots with a smaller punch. All of his guns fire laser beams, but revolve around ammo magazines carrying magnetic charges to dispel the energy needed to fire.
For melee combat Kryger also carried twin Lugarian beam sabers. He, unlike most Lugarians, has a particular taste for ranged combat, which his people view as somewhat dishonourable. His blades are coloured red and blue, and each have rare crystals found on Lugaria inserted in them to strengthen them even more. His beamswords are just as old as his ceremonial armour, and are family artifacts.
Equipment: As a mercenary and bounty hunter, he has an array of weapons and gadgets which he employs to give him the advantage in any situation. His utility belt keeps his extra ammo clips, his flashbang grenades, his frag grenades, and his smoke grenades. His helmet has a built in tracking computer and databank which lets him keep track of his contracts, his mission objective, and other information needed. His armour has some fancy weaponry, including a flamethrower, a shock arm capable of shooting ionic charged lightning bolts, a wrist rocket launcher, boot spikes for superior grip to slippery surfaces, and two hidden machine gun turrets in his chest plate, among other pieces of equipment he adds to his arsenal over time.
Finally, he is equipped with a jetpack which offers him flight over long distances. The jetpack is extremely fuel efficient, and takes very little effort to have the fuel remade.
Mannerisms/Quirks: Serious nature, extremely cocky. Dark sense of humour and throws in the occasional sarcastic joke. Doesn’t necessarily play by the book, although is loyal to the contract until the end, and a very clever and crafty man. Honour is a definition with multiple interpretations…
Strengths and Weaknesses of Character: Expert in combat. Extremely self-reliant. Has difficulty trusting others as people and as comrades. His cocky nature sometimes gets the best of him.
Moral Codes: None. Will do any job so long as the price is right.
Species or Race Abilities: Lugarians are known to posses varying degrees psychokenetic powers. Kryger, due to his human half, is unable to use these powers.
Brief history/Background: Jayke Kryger is a true product of war: a child born of a Lugarian woman raped by a human warrior during the mercenary invasion of the planet Lugaria. Once the conflict was over, he was raised in a Lugarian fashion on the planet, completely disregarding, and eventually forgetting, about his human roots, save for the constant reminder of his lack of psychokenetic powers. After his mother’s death, he turned to petty crime and odd jobs, eventually enlisting in the army, and eventually making his way to the Special Forces. Disgruntled at the lack of action, he left the Lugarian army and became a gun for hire; a mercenary and bounty hunter, making his way from one corner of the galaxy to another fighting in conflicts that didn’t involve him. He remained independent his entire life, despite the guilds trying to sign him among their ranks. He continues his work as a mercenary and bounty hunter, not necessarily for the money, but for the thrill of the battle.

That’s an old character I had been working on some time ago. Not for an RPG or anything, but more for fun. I didn’t know if the weapons and equipment would be appropriate, but I threw them in there just in case it can fly.

If it needs to be removed, let me know.

Looking good people! Interesting mix so far…:slight_smile:

I was thinking maybe I should ask where your characters are at, but I am starting to think I should just let you all chime in after the INTRO. Showing your characters reactions and POV to the incident that starts the story off.

BTW Shalashaskka, some of the crew went down in a shuttle for a little shore leave. So that means you have the freedom to have your character starting either aboard the ship, or planetside. Maybe getting a little R&R of possibly looking to see if there are any fugitives about… (That is of course if he is a member of the PAPA’s crew, you did not state that he was- oops my bad.)

It’ll make more sense if he is a part of Papa’s crew, that way he has a reason for being on this planet that doesn’t involve a sub-plot.

I’ll have Kryger accompany the men on shore leave, but as a watchdog to make sure that the guys planetside don’t do anything stupid.

My bad for the mix-up.

Cool!

OK, so just 5 more to go right? No prob, two more days left for submissions. Can’t wait to see what comes next…

Sorry about posting my bio in the wrong thread, Omra. I’m really looking forward to starting this RPG. You said that we can create periphery characters to flesh out the universe. What are the rules for that sort of thing? Can anyone contol those periphery characters once someone has created them?

Since your character is in the black market it would only be logical that she would have contacts and customers and so forth…

So by giving you the freedom to create these side characters you can really bring her little enterprise to life, make it colorful and lively. It allows you to create snappy dialog which can also drop little nuggets about her past and so forth… (deja Vu)

If any of these characters wind up traveling throughout the story for awhile and wind up interacting with other players, you might want to create a profile for that character(s) and post it here as a Non Player Character. That way if someone else is going to be interacting with them it can help that writer to keep that person in character.

If someone is going to write a major interaction with another’s side character it is always polite to send a rough of your proposed post to the creator of that character for an OK or an edit.

If multiple players are interacting as well as side characters, then a joint post is usually best. With each creator maintaining control of their side characters.

Did that make sense? I hope it helped…

Name: Dana Prudence McKenna

Race: White/Caucasian

Appearance: She has dark, wavy hair (usually pulled back for practical purposes), brown eyes, and an olive complexion. Her mode of dress is utilitarian, as she can’t afford fine fabrics and would soon get them ruined in a barfight or a self-induced spill anyway. Her slender figure stands at a petite 5’3”.

Strengths and Weaknesses of Character: As a barmaid in Shamus’ Pub, Dana has learned to be all things to all people—a sympathetic ear, a tight-lipped confidante, the measured voice of reason, or simply the girl who keeps the drinks coming. She is compassionate and loyal to the pub’s regulars, cautious but courteous to newcomers, and smart enough to stay out of the boss’ business. Her wholesome looks are enough to keep her in tips but out of tiffs.

Skills/Talents: Dana sticks to mixing and measuring the drinks, leaving the cooking to those who know better. She can carry on minimal conversation in the more commonly-used languages of the colonists and contract workers that pass through Betwixt. Her combat skills are limited to incapacitating impolite drunks and anyone who calls her “Prudence.”

Brief history/Background: Work with the Haradian-Vangelus Fuel Refinery brought Dana’s family to Vega 4, but work nearly tore them apart when her father was killed on the job. The settlement money paid out by the HV corporation was enough to keep them comfortable until her older brother decided to use it to buy passage off-planet, leaving Dana and her mother high and dry. An offer from “family friend” Shamus O’Connell to work in his bar seemed like the best way to keep them clothed and fed. So Dana keeps her head down and her mouth shut, until she can earn enough to buy her own ticket out.

I hope I didn’t intimidate the others away…:frowning:

Maybe they are all waiting until tomorrow to submit characters, or are waiting to see how the first game runs to get a feel for it before trying it out.

We’ll see if more arrive Thursday.

Well, we can always extend the deadline, cant we?

Im waiting to see how this plays out. Little confusing with all the aliens and cylons in this human colony.

Well, I don’t want to make the people who already submitted characters to have to wait too long…

I suppose what might be most fair would be to allow people to jump in during the game once they get a better feel for how it works.

How does that sound?

I think that is probably the best way. Some posters may feel more comfortable after the game begins and/or get inspiration from the story unfolding to jump in and participate.

I was wondering if you thought about creating a social group for the RPG gamers? We can keep each other updated on plot/characters on the group page and post links to any updates in the game without having all of us trying to keep track of three or four different threads.

ETA - Link to Social Groups Page

OK, its done. Great idea!:slight_smile:

Its labeled RPG Players.

Joined it. Now what is a social group and how does it work?

I just posted links to the synopsis and character threads in the group. If you want to see an example of something similar that we can do, check out how the Fan Fiction group is organized.

It is new to me as well, never used one before. It is mostly a collection of links to threads? But you can comment within it as well, or will there still need to be a comment thread as well?