Robotech movie?

Forgive me if I’m not supposed to post this in this forum, but I saw this and just had to post it.

Robotech Movie

Has anyone out there head anything about this one??

I WANT!

Ever since I saw those mecha on the third Matrix movie, I have wanted to see live action battaloids!

I have heard vague rumors about this.

Go to enough Anime Conventions and you’ll about a live action anything…

Although they did just do a LA Death Note and are rumored to be working on a LA Bleach…LA DragonBall has already leaked pics looks interesting.

Looks like this is more than a rumor. here’s another link I found.

I tried going to the hollywood reporter site but you need a subscription and I didn’t feel like going through the whole process…

I wonder if anyone has subscription there and get us some more info.

It’s on IMDB Pro as being in developement, release in 2010. Tobey Maguire - producer along with 3 others. Screenplay by Craig Zahler. Production companies - Maguire Productions, Supercool Hollywood BigTime Productions, Tatsunoko Productions Company. Warner Bros. Pictures - Distributor. Cast listing has only Tobey, and as rumored. No budget listed for it yet.

“In development” is Hollywood for “wouldn’t it be great if?”

Yeah, but usually only when they don’t list a distributor along with multiple producers. Still it could be dropped altogether…

Meh. Until there’s a budget, it’s nothing.

I am a Robotech fan, but I have to wonder which arc they would go with? Robotech war 1,2, or 3? I actually like it so much I bought and beat both robotech games for the xbox. I suppose they would have to go with 1, but 3 would be cool too. I really did not like the second robotech war arc.

They did a Robotech movie before, but it got shelved… The producers didn’t think there was enough interest. I have been following the new Robotech movie news…and as you’ve already discovered… It’s gunna happen…

We should post updates in here…for those who are interested…

I’m pretty sure I read Tobey Maguire wants to be Rick Hunter… so Macross Saga it is.

I shudder when I think of them using the old Minmei songs…