River Song versus Zoë Washburne

Battle of the Female Titans. Both are skilled in combat. Both are armed and dangerous. One is a Doctor, the other has gone to war. Who will come out on top? NIYKWIM?

It’s tough, but I’m going to have to give this one to the Doctor’s (true) wife. Zoe is resourceful, focused, military trained and hardened by years of putting up with Mal, but River is the epitome of the wild card. Genius, inventive, slightly mad, trained from birth to be a killing machine (albeit sleeper agent), bearing time-tech, psycho-manipulative tricks (hallucinogenic lipstick), and to top off the glass, Time Lord characteristics as a result of her conception within the Vortex.

I adore Zoe and all she represents, but by the tale of the tape, I’m handing the victory to Melody Pond, Sweetie.

I went with Zoë, but not easily. Both are fierce in a fight, but when I asked myself who I would want on my side in a fight my answer became clear. If this were a chess match, or a question of strategy the answer might be different. But locked in a cage, two women enter, one woman leaves I say Zoë is the one to walk out the door. Bloodied. But victorious.

I have to agree with Keir :). River would come out ahead I think

River is a Time Lord after all. I gotta go with her. Plus if we are comparing husbands The Doctor wins over wash and Capt Jack Harkness wins over Capt Mal.

Can there be a Jello Wrestling Pit involved?

While I agree that River would scheme, plot, finagle and work her way into a superior position and have all factors on her side, when she leaped out Zoe wouldn’t be there, and when River turned around she’d get a double load of buckshot right in the chest.