RIP Dwayne McDuffie

Today Dwayne McDuffie passed away. I’ll always remember him for the great work he did as writer and producer of the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoons and the writing he did for Damage Control and Beyond! limited series for Marvel. And this sad news comes on the day that DC’s All-Star Superman animated movie is release; which McDuffie wrote.

It’s strange writing something like this about someone I don’t know personally, but have spent so much time reading, watching, and enjoying his work. I just felt like this was something I needed to share.

Thank you for all the wonderful stories and characters you created, Mr. McDuffie.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/02/22/dwayne-mcduffie-r-i-p/

Man, those cartoons founded a lot of my image of what those characters were like, and even though the contunuit of the DC Animated Universe is different from the comic book one, the characters always came across as so vibrant and deep. In a lot of ways, GL John Stewart in the cartoon is a way better character than in the comics. And when the show went Unlimited, well, I could say that about half the characters they chose to portray.

His work was a huge factor in bringing that world to life for a generation of superhero fans. Nothing strange about mourning his passing, friend.