RIP Andy Hallett

Let us do the Dance of Sadness. :frowning:

Angel Star Andy Hallett Dies of Heart Failure

This is such sad news. He was very talented and his music and acting have brought me many hours of joy. I too will do the Dance of Sadness.

How sad! The world (and the Buffyverse) were much better for his being here!

Oh my…that is so sad. I am doing a rewatch of Angel and i love the Lorn character. Andy hallett was great. Its a sad time… I shall dance the dance of sadness

I just read about this a few minutes ago…that is so sad!:frowning:
I met Andy once a couple of years ago at a con in Florida - he had just been released from the hospital a couple of weeks earlier. He was really nice.

Sad day. :frowning:

Rest in peace Andy

You made me laugh, you made me sing, and you made me dance. you will be missed. My heartfelt condolences to the family.

/mourn

I will truly miss the talent of Andy Hallett. The character of Lorn, for me at least, started off as an amusing extra, but with each appearance, quickly grew into one of my favorites. He was often comic, but shone even more when dramatic, and he had a charisma that green make-up could not cover up. I will join in the dance of sadness. But, in remembrance … here are some links …

Lorne’s first appearance in “Judgement”

Lorne and the Lornettes doing Lady Marmalade

I couldn’t find the video for one of my favorite Lorne moments, but here’s the quote and should be easily recalled if you’re a fan.

Lindsey: I could sing for you.
Lorne: I’ve heard you sing. (takes out a gun with a silencer and shoots Lindsey twice in the chest)
Lindsey: Why… why did you…
Lorne: One last job. You’re not part of the solution, Lindsey. You never will be.
Lindsey: You kill me? A flunky?! I’m not just… Angel… kills me. You don’t… Angel… (dies)
Lorne: Good night, folks.

Good night, Andy.

So sad. Lorne was great comic relief amidst all the apocalyptc gloom and doom that was ‘Angel’. And to think that Hallett had hardly done any acting prior to the role. In the episode “Lullaby”, the writers on the DVD commentay point out the nice touch of Hallett holding a newspaper over his head in the rain-soaked alley as Darla is about to give birth. Of course, it kept the makeup from running too…So long Andy, from a fellow native of MA.

Rest in Peace, Andy.

He brought so much heart to the character of Lorne. My favorite quote of the entire Angel series is one of Lorne’s. Not because of the line itself, but because of Andy’s delivery. He will be sorely missed.

“Tonight, the role of Judas Iscariot will be played by Klevlorne Swath of the Deathwok Clan.”

damn! that is a shame–really liked him on Angel…

This was sad news… He was so good on Angel!

I only saw a handful of episodes of Angel. Just didn’t get into it. But I remember him distinctly. So, he will not be forgotten. At least by me.

:::Sad now:::

I normally don’t give a hoot when ‘celebrities’ die, but this is disappointing. I was definitely a Hallett fan. :frowning: Anyone know of a place to get Lorne merch, I feel like buying something to commemorate his place in fandom?