RESET - stunning (IN-ENGINE!) trailer for upcoming puzzle game

Not a shooter, but a first person puzzle game ala Myst only with bleeding edge graphics engine. (Notice the procedurally generated rain drops and vegetation) These two game developers previously worked on Shattered Horizon from FutureMark, the benchmark company that tries its best to overheat your GPU each year.

[i]We are very proud to present the debut trailer for Reset. Everything you see in the trailer is straight from the in-game engine, no up-ressed textures, geometry or effects. What you see is what you will get. Except hopefully a little bit better since we’re not even in alpha yet. This is however a big milestone for us, and we are going to be concentrating more on the gameplay side of things next.

Ladies and gentlemen, Theory Interactive presents, Reset Debut trailer.[/i] - RESET blog

//youtu.be/KLd8kEQJIzw

720p (Quicktime compatible) MP4 at Gametrailers

The music track Time Heals was composed by the game developer. Free MP3 download at the above blog.

This made my rainy day morning. :smiley:

Warning: Do not watch if you have ever invested painstaking hours rendering skies in Bryce, Terragen, Vue, et. al. Well, you could, but who wants to cry this close to Christmas? :wink: (Vue was used to render the snow planet landscapes in Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome. Here’s some tissues guys.)

No matter how RESET ultimately turns out as a game, these two developers can retire on the engine licensing fees afterward. Kickstarter funding phase coming in early 2013. The response should be explosive.

RESET Blog: In Praxis: Atmosphere 12/19

//youtu.be/0ygZCDoCVec

Also, a fan asked if he could do a sound redesign for the debut trailer as his graduate thesis at Vancouver Film School. They said yes and here is his thesis project:

YouTube: RESET Sound Redesign by A Shell in the Pit