Red Letter Media Rebuttal

A Star Wars fan has taken on Red Letter Media and has written a 108 page rebuttal to the movie reviews. Excerpts and a link to the original document are available in the article below-

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-fan-writes-108page-rebuttal-red-letter-medias-phantom-menace-review/#more-95834

Do you agree with the passionate fan? Or is his valiant defense of the prequels in vain?

He be trippin, that’s what I think

Raynor also calls out the review for being exactly what it’s trying to make fun of

That’s the joke, son. Try and keep up.

Wow, say what you want about the Plinkett reviews, but they’re absolutely packed with intelligence and entertainment.

In contrast, this point by point criticism of Plinkett’s review by Mr Fanboy is poorly written and blatantly apologetic about many aspects of the movie. I can’t imagine what he’s trying to accomplish with it.

The guy needs to stop and get himself an ironic sense of humor and a notion about pluralism. You can love the Star Wars universe and still appreciate a thotfull entertaining insightful review.

I’m not upset that the Star Wars prequels where made. More Star Wars is better than less. But under scrutiny the prequels have serious problems. And I think even George Lucas fundamentally knows that.

Dear Mr. Fanboi,

Mr. Plinkett helped me enjoy and appreciate the films. Before his attentive and analytical synopsis, I could never place exactly what bothered me about the Prequels. In no way has his reviews damaged the way I feel about the series. It just clarifies a whole bunch.

So I say to you, waves hand like a Jedi this is not the review you were looking for. Move along. Move along.

I think someone should write a response to this guy’s response to Plinket’s review of the movies, which are based on another series of movies.

Tempting… folds fingers in front of forehead

If I were to reply to the guy, I couldn’t say it better than your “That’s the joke, son. Try and keep up.”

Hrm. Maybe it’ll be an extremely short vid.

And it needs to be spoken in a Sean Connery voice. :smiley:

taking notes

Yeah, kind of like when he was in the ‘Untouchables’. snorts and grins, “Just like a Sith, to bring a vibroblade to a lightsaber fight.” :smiley:

(or maybe blaster fight would be better)

Or maybe spoken by Larry the Cylon.

Is this even a rebuttal? He’s angry because folks take Plinkett seriously. It’s hard to argue with Plinkett’s breakdown, though. Plinkett attacks the films, as films. It’s not about bashing or what it should have been. It’s about story-telling and film-making. Plinkett feels the Prequels failed miserably in that regard. IMO, Plinkett is not just some fanboi spewing as Jim Raynor suggests.

I guess I’m just stupid. Thanks for clearing that up.