Ray Bradbury ( 1920 - 2012 )

One of the titans of Science Fictions has passed away.

Something Wicked that way went.

I’m not much for standing in line for authors but Ray was one which I did. He was quite aged and pleasant when I asked him to sign my two ancient paper backs as well as the new one the signing was centered around.

OB

Another giant of classic Sci Fi has passed. He will be missed, but thankfully his works will live on forever.

Met him at the convention we hosted at my High School, it was right after the release of the Martian Chronicles mini series. He was great at the panel and polite to all of the staff. He was very much like you see him during his intros and outros from his Bradbury Theater series; kind of the eccentric uncle, but full of wonderful stories and you hang on every word. Not one to draw attention to himself, but when he spoke it was golden. Now Harlen on the other hand… There was a glory hound! :slight_smile:

Kinda bummed out about this all day, and sorry I never got to meet him. There are authors who’s stories I liked better than his, but I can’t think of an author who’s writing style I liked more. The man could describe an empty room and make it exciting.

I read Martian Chronicles and Fahrenheit 451 in my late teens and loved it. They both had a profound affect on me.

Bradbury Landing

//youtu.be/EY6HHWK1tQA

Original full poem read.

//youtu.be/EBtZjbTDTDk

Science … poems … there is hope.

OB