Raiders of the Lost Arc -- IMAX Re-release in September!

Big Screen Indy is coming our way!

—> Link to story and theaters.

Hells Yeah!!

OB

Raiders is possibly my favourite movie of all time (excuse the English spelling GWCer’s). What do I love about it?

1. the music. We all take the Indy theme tune for granted now, but what an anthem. Also, love the Ark music (played whenever Ark is seen or referenced).
  2. Indy’s grit and determination. The boy just doesn’t know when to quit. It’s very endearing.
  3. not knowing who is trustworthy. This one fades from the memories as you take on more repeated viewings, but Indy mixes with some highly unscrupulous characters. After the 90th viewing, yep, you know Katanga is a good guy. First viewing? Everyone seems dangerous.
  4. Actual stunt work! So much respect for the filmmakers of this age. Raiders is right up there.
  5. when Indy sneaks onto a u-boat. Absolute confirmation of 2). With cheering!

Agree :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/cyTXWaQkCuE

I have ample opportunity to watch this in the comfort of my home … but I cannot wait to hit the IMAX and remember back to my youth and watching Raiders … nostalgia cinema. Now if the would just re-release “Kelly’s Heroes” :slight_smile:

OB

my wife and I are taking day off work and heading to this Friday afternoon.

We have our tickets ordered and will mega-mall crawl a bit before hand and grab some Johnny Rocket’s afterwards :slight_smile:

OB

I’ve got my tickets, for Saturday. We’re thinking of going to a convenience store and getting candy to smuggle in, just for the nostalgia of it.

Knowing me I’ll feel bad and get popcorn and a soda too :smiley:

Damn that was fun movie going experience!

Sure I’ve seen the flick countless times, but it was still HUGE enjoyment :slight_smile:

OB