RahXephon 6: Aria

Episodes 16-20

Sixteenth Movement: Another Person’s Island/The Moon Princess
Seventeenth Movement: Return to the Maze/Ground Zero
Eighteenth Movement: Bond of the Blue Blood/The Memory of Lost City
Nineteenth Movement: Blue Friend/Ticket to Nowhere
Twentieth Movement: The Battle of the One Who Controls/Interested Parties

Sonic Waves and Battle Hymn

Tremors ripple through the city as new Dolems attack, but the most dangerous shock waves of all are the mental assaults that now threaten to overwhelm Ayato’s grasp of the physical world itself. As new players enter the deadly game between the humans and the Mu, the young pilot finds himself alone and without backup, struggling to rebuild the foundation of his own reality as the universe threatens to collapse beneath him. The secrets of Ixtli begin to reveal themselves in the fourth shocking volume of RahXephon!

As the Mu’s grip on the city of Tokyo tightens, Ayato now finds himself pursued between two worlds, with close friends on both sides seeking to destroy him. Even after all he has experienced thus far, teh newest shocks he receives are the most terrifying of all. The secret power source of the Dolems is about to be unveiled, and that secret will haunt him to the grave. In order to live, he must be prepared to sacrifice anything…even the life of a friend. The blood of the innocents will flow in the fifth horrifying volume of RahXephon.

Watched interlude on Youtube, the combination of dreamlike imagery and circular pseudo-psychological/metaphysical dialog was like ‘Yoda on acid.’ The only real payoff was when her supposed ‘brother’ refereed to her as ‘Mother’ at the end.

So ‘interlude’ was a bonus feature with a video game right?

Summer Wars is going to be harder to get than I thought, I found a site with a good price but they only use PayPal. And I refuse to use PayPal for reasons I will not go into… Will try one of the other sites that came up in the search.

The Anime TV Podcast is going to review Claymore this week, I am looking forward to what they have to say about it. If it is positive I may order it…

I wonder if I can get a Tee Shirt with the TERRA logo on it…?

You really should see Summer Wars ASAP. Not kidding.

Claymore is awesome even if they veered from the manga during the last 3 episodes.

Glad you got to see Interlude. I have to look up where it came from.

You can have one custom made for like $20 think.

Started.

Miyazaki.

I wish we had watched this episode last week.

The fansubs had a note about “My dear” or anata. Something said between lovers or somesuch.

He sure does know how to make an exit.

This is the last episode I have ever seen, everything beyond this will be new to me…:slight_smile: Wheeee!

I think it took a down turn then ramped back up. But, that’s me.

I have 17 ready to go!

I still remember when I first heard Hemisphere. I couldn’t believe it was Yoko Kanno.

He recruited Maaya Sakamoto to sing the opening song, he heard her at a club and fell in love with her voice. He knew she was perfect for the series, which so very musically themed…

Just what every city needs, floating statues…

WOW, they finally spelled vermillion correctly…:smiley: It only took 4 episodes…

Mac Bonaurds???

Yeah, that made me smile.

Mishima??? Who’s Mishima??? MIND CONTROL…:slight_smile:

Colonel Cookie? How can we take anyone seriously with that name???

Its like Laputa when the robot tore up the fortress trying to rescue the girl.