Radcliffe to do a nude scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Yes you read the title right a Harry Potter nude scene. This was confirmed by SciFi Wire who says David Yates the Director of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 & 2 has confirmed a nude scene for Daniel Radcliffe as Harry.

Here is the article

According to Mugglenet.com the scene happens in the “Silver Doe” where Ron tries to destroy the Horcrux (not a spoiler) and he sees Harry and Hermione laughing at him. If I had to choose a scene it wouldn’t have been that one. It would be the “Kings Cross” scene even in the book it says he was nude. I nude scene there just seems forces to me, I never pictured him nude in that scene.
I will give it a chance, i trust David Yates until he gives me reason not to.

Whyyyyyyyyyyy.

Noooooooooooot.

Emma!

That boy loves taking his clothes off.

He must be hung like an Equus.

Yates only confirmed Daniel he didn’t say anything about Emma. But I would rather see her than Harry

I did find a nude picture of Daniel Radcliffe on the internet it looked like a promo picture for Equus. He was standing beside a horse. Average :wink:

Im generally not against nudity, but why does he need to be naked? Or maybe the question is ‘why do they want him to be naked’? If this does anything to ease the death grip the gymnophobes have on american cinema, then Im all for it.

A naked Harry - that should be interesting.

I’m really disappointed in the producers and directors for their interpretation of the books in this manner. I’m no prude–not at all–however, this is not necessary and I feel it’s being done for the titillation factor alone. If it were being done to stay true to the books, then I’d say it was a good and right decision. There is NOTHING, not a single clue in the books, that leads the reader to believe that either character is unclothed while kissing. The kissing and embrace alone was enough to upset Ron. Why? Because his and Hermione’s relationship was more than chaste up to that point. There was no time to be kissy-kissy, lovey on each other since they were running for their lives. Seeing Harry do something (kiss Hermione) that he (Ron) so desperately wants to do was enough to incite jealousy and anger. There’s no need for nudity or implied sexual activity. This is a very disappointing choice and I’m betting the reason that Emma’s nudity hasn’t been mentioned is that they are in negotiations with her and she’s not going for it. Wonder how that’s gonna’ work. Probably the reason Yates revealed the scene publicly–to pressure her. Douchebag. Ugh. This whole thing just reeks.

He’s not going to be naked. This rumor started after Dan did Equus (where he was.) I’m not sure why it popped up again.

I beg to differ, Pike, as confirmation has come from the two most reliable Harry Potter news sites on the internet. They generally authenticate stories before the post them, or indicate when news is NOT authenticated.

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/3038

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/12/2/david-yates-talks-kings-cross-scene-for-deathly-hallows-more

Interesting, but note the qualification “… we’re still thinking about how we present it.”

The locket one makes some kind of sense, but the meeting with Dumbledore’s shade? :eek:

Whats wrong with that?

I’m about the canon, not the “cannon” (eh hem) in this case. :smiley:

Maybe they are trying to one up the ‘Twilight’ movies in the titillation arena. Which to me is just tacky…

Give me good characters and a good story, that will hold my attention better than crotch shots, ta-ta’s and abs.:rolleyes:

Yes, and I think that door was left open in case they change their minds or Emma Watson backs out of doing it nude and they can’t do a successful work-around. I’m still very disappointed in their attempt to do this interpretation of the scene at all. Absolute nonsense, in my opinion.

Amen. And loving your sig. Badger mentioned it to me today. So true, so true.

Let’s see what the previous movies have gotten for ratings:

HP & the Philosopher’s Stone - PG
HP & the Chamber of Secrets - PG
HP & the Prisoner of Azkaban - PG
HP & the Goblet of Fire - PG-13
HP & the Order of the Phoenix - PG-13
HP & the Half-Blood Prince - PG

So I’m noticing a trend here. Most of the films have been PG, with a pair of PG-13’s. I’d say the chances of an R for Deathly Hallows is exactly 0. This means you could see Daniel’s chest and maybe their bare backs above the waistline. If Scream is to be believed, you might get a flash of Emma chest, that’s it.

What’s wrong with Cannon?

Ultima Ratio Regum baby!

The Cannon is my Wand.

And I’m sure you do all kinds of magic with it…:eek:

Here is some news and a couple of clips from the movie-

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/06/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-teaser-trailer/

“Expecto Pooh-tronus!”

Oooops…:o

It is being confirmed that Emma will be nude also, I had assumed that this must be some kind of defensive spell protecting one of the holcrux’s but apparently it is just a dream sequence…

http://www.theweek.com/article/index/103918/The_Harry_Potter_sex_scene