Question for you graphics geeks!

Ok, here it is. I have a .jpg of the outline of all the counties in South Dakota. Is there any way to easily make this editable? What I need to do is not only be able to fill in the counties with different colors, but add and edit text. I can do both of these things now but once I start adding text in Photoshop, I have to make it a .psd file, which is fine but then I can’t edit the colors. Or maybe I can and just don’t know how to do it in Photoshop since I haven’t ever taken a class on Photoshop.

I know I can do this with layers in Microstation but since I no longer do computer support for the state agency that uses that product, I don’t have access to the software anymore. Am I boned?

you can do all that in Photoshop quite easily however what’s the final output have to be?

Letter size map, colored in counties, editable text - all three layers with readable text. Is this going to require a degree from AI to do? :slight_smile:

Nah, but I wouldn’t know how to do it without ps. Just a matter of making Layers in ps and using the select tool. How many counties btw?

Over 50. Want me to email you the existing so you can see!

Sure. When is this due? Worst case I can rip it out and send you the file but in the long run learning how to do it will be worth it.

There’s no “due” - it’s just something I want to have ready for the future. And I want to learn how to do it. Is it something I can glean from online help?