Query: Upgrade TAS

I was just watching Star Trek The Animated Series. Even after all these years the shows still hold up. As I enjoyed this I had a thought. What if they did an upgrade to the animation. Just as they enhanced TOS, think of what a full on cgi of TAS would be. Voices and all can be the same. Just a much more lively experience. Do you think that might have some legs in hollywood?

Holy crap! That’s a genius idea. I’m sure nothing technically would be a hurdle.
Just the nagging issues of maybe crediting, paying(?) all those that were involved in the original? The voices, the writers etc. Would about directors and producers?
I don’t know what the issues are. But it seems like a genius idea.

One thing this can’t be is a rush job. Has to be done right and fully thought out. Just like in the HD version of The Doomsday Machine. During the battle we have the ships pitching and yawning unlike the glide shots from the original.

This gets brought up a lot, actually. I’m fond of the Filmation style of the originals, and of the Farragut Animated project that replicated it, but everytime it’s brought up someone talks of updating the animation.

Personally, I’d be OK with a smoother version, and with newer Flash animations getting seriously good (e.g., My Little Pony) it might be within reach of the prosumer crowd. However, most of the talk is about doing it anime style, which I’m skeptical of, or 3D CGI, which I’m opposed to.