Primary Inversion - Catherine Asaro

The first book in the Skolian Empire series. I love this series. The world building on this. The author is a physicist & the pretend scientist inside me really does a little dance when they explain why things are able to be done here! a little blurb from the Author’s website describing the book;

The Skolian Empire rules a third of the civilized galaxy through its mastery of faster-than-light communication. But war with the rival empire of the Traders seems imminent, a war that can only lead to slavery for the Skolians or the destruction of both sides. Destructive skirmishes have already occurred. A desperate attempt must be made to avert total disaster.

Cyborg warriors with telepathic abilities, evil empires trying to rule the universe, sticky politics & massive space battles!

From Booklist;

In an unusually masterful first novel, physicist Asaro combines hard speculative science and first-rate storytelling to look at the galaxy’s distant future. Earth’s peaceful Alliance shares power with two other empires, those of the Skolians and the Traders, who are mortal enemies of each other. Heir apparent to oversee the Skolian empire, Sauscony Valdoria is a bioengineered fighter pilot who has inherited rare psychic abilities that link her to the powerful “psiberspace” Skolian Web. Taking shore leave on a neutral planet, Sauscony encounters Jaibriol, an heir to the throne of the sadistic Trader Empire. During a fortuitous melding of minds, Sauscony not only recognizes Jaibriol as her psychic soul mate but realizes her new love has been bred specifically to give Traders the power to vanquish the Skolian empire. Asaro innovatively blends computer technology and telepathy into the electrifying, action-rich drama she creates. This is one of the best sf first novels in years, a likely candidate for the genre’s major awards

I can’t tell you enough how much I loved this book & the series.

I love this series too. I believe I have read almost all of the books. I think my favorite is “Ascendant Sun” which is about Kelric, and “The Radiant Seas” I love the mix on of Sci-Fi and Romance.

Great series I’d love to read again.

Renewing my campaign for this! It’s a really nice combination of a number of different genre’s

Catherine Asaro just came out with a new book in the series about two months ago. Have you read it yet?

No I have not! I didn’t know a new one was out. I am so behind on books I need to read.