Potter folder

Seems like a good time to add a Potter folder to the General Discussion area.

I second, especially with “The Keara Re-read” coming up. :slight_smile:

The usual indicator for creating a new forum hasn’t been what is currently being talked about, but the number of threads on the subject. At quick glance I only see two threads (Half Blood Prince, Deconstructing Harry) and the re-read threads will go in the book forum. With that being said, do you still think a separate forum is needed, or am I missing something?

Yes, there’s a lot of Potter stuff that gets tacked on to other threads for lack of another place.

If you build it they will come…

Sounds good. I’ll create the forum now with the usual caveat that if after a time activity dies down we can always move the threads out and close it down.

My personal feeling is that our community has recently shown a previously hidden ferocity about the subject of all things Potter. I was shocked at the number of people who responded favorably about the re-read of the Potter books. I agree that the re-read threads should go under the book club, but otherwise a Potter forum IS WARRANTED. We have a Terminator forum. Terminator is something people like but they aren’t obsessed with is as we Potterphiles are. I don’t see people dressing up as their favorite Terminator characters.

It’s time for a dedicated place to put all the discussions of the Wizarding World.

Edit: As usual, I take too long writing my plea and the point is moot. Oh well, glad to know the forum will be created! Woot!

Yeah, Potterdom is definitely one of those “if you build it, they will come” sort of subjects.

I like to dress up as Summer Glau, but you probably don’t need to see those pictures…

Yes, there are enough subjects that have started in the Half Blood Prince and Podcast thread to start half a dozen more. Let the Pottermania “officially” begin. :slight_smile:

Admittedly, the Terminator forum was my doing before Solai began so wonderfully keeping thing in order. I sorta, um, pulled it out of my… And I suppose fewer people dress up as Terminators because a) it’s a little harder to accomplish (being as they have no skin and are shaped in non-human fashion), b) humans get a bit of the short end of the stick in the franchise (it’s hard to dress up as ash, for example), and c) the few heroic humans all look as though they spend 23.95 hours a day in the gym.

Those (relatively unimportant) facts aside, I think a 'Potter forum is a great idea! :slight_smile:

See, that’s where you’re wrong… :smiley:

Still, it can be done with the right equipment. :slight_smile:

I wasn’t talking to you…