Post-Meetup Blues: Your tips for dealing with...

Even when your daily life is good, going back to your regular routine is always a bummer after special events like, say, vacation or Christmas break. But after attending the GWC International Meetup, being surrounded by amazing people for a few days, and basking in awesomeness, the PMBs – Post Meetup Blues – can be especially rough.

So here’s a chance to help your fellow Alpacas readjust to their daily grind: Share your tips or experience for dealing with the PMBs.

Me, after doing something fun, I always try to have some good new music waiting for me at home. In my case, based on Starbuccaneer’s recommendation, I have Wild Flag at the ready for infectiously fun, rocking tunes. And I started reading Hunger Games on the way back. And after a weekend of overhearing Dr. Who-talk, I may use this fresh mental void as an excuse to finally dive into Dr. Who.

Maybe that’s escapism, maybe not. But life is better with a good soundtrack and some cool stuff going on in the background.

How about a simple way?? Avoidance B ) …try to get some of the locals rounded up for a mini-meetup??

I know we’re talking the Avengers out here…maybe even a summer shin-dig…

I think about Wednesday night it will all hit me that it’s all over :eek:

What works for me (your mileage may vary) is just keeping in touch with everyone you really made a great connection with at the meetup. Skype, email, Twitter, text messages, phoning…etc. Over time, just building the friendships that you made in Friso will make all the difference. :wink:

What works for me (your mileage may vary) is just keeping in touch with everyone you really made a great connection with at the meetup. Skype, email, Twitter, text messages, phoning…etc. Over time, just building the friendships that you made in Friso will make all the difference.

How about lots of posting on the forum? :wink:

I thot that would go without saying. LOL! As long as you’re not spamming… :wink: Really though the one on one, more personal communications/contact (not IYKWIM type, unless mutually agreed upon!) were what I was posting about.

I like to go back and look at pictures. I never take pics, as I’m so bad at it, but I love to look at everyone else’s!

I agree with Reg. Pictures are beginning to make their way onto Facebook and the Flickr Pool. Looking at them may make you tear up a bit but remembering helps to extend the afterglow of Meetup and delay the Post Meetup Blues.

Today I had to go back to work and I listened to the Nerdist Writer’s Panel podcast all day. Tomorrow I’m off and I plan to fill it with Sherlock series 2, Archer, andFlight of the Conchords- all of which remind me of this community.

And I bought comfort food- ice cream. :slight_smile:

Is it March 2013 yet?

I left three messages to various GWC podcasts, follow twitter with barely a withdrawal twitch, and chase my cats around.

Watch the flickr pool grow over the next few weeks, jump into a G+ hangout once in awhile, join the twitter lineup if you’re not already there, make sure you add your Gamertag to your profile on the forum so you can multiplay on XBLive, and YES schedule a mini Meetup on your own whenever possible!.