Portal 2 (now with more potatoes!)

I frickin loved this incarnation of the Portal series. The single-player story is a lot longer than in the first game, and the added dynamic of co-op testing is a lot of fun. The characters (even GLADoS) have a lot more depth and personality to them. Plus you get to learn some of the history of Aperture Science and how it became what it is now. I can’t wait to see the user-made content that gets created for this game.

I was very excited about this game but will probably wait till the price comes down. I want to play it with my son, but it appears that there will only be a few hours of game play and at over $100 for two games, it is a bit steep. But I will keep my eye out. My son is soooo wanting this one. The pre game videos are worth their weight in gold though. Too funny. I especially love the little stick figures trying to come up with a way to impress the girls.

BTW, The first line of “Still Alive” is my text message ring. Usually a wonderful start to any text, but on one occasion my gaming group and I were struggling with a particularly horrific fight in a Pathfinder game. My thief was the only one left standing among the bodies of her comrades. Needles to say, she absolutely had to stay alive in order to attempt to heal (or resurrect) the other characters at some later time. She was running through a dark tunnel and hit a door that, weak halfling that she was and poor dice roller that I was, she couldn’t open. Needless to say, she never got another chance to try it. At the very moment my thief’s dead body hit the floor to the anguished TPK cry of the other players, someone texted me and the whole sad gaming group could hear an eery voice calling out… " This was a triumph. I’m making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS!"

BTW, I hear there is no cake. :frowning:

So I just finished the single player portion of the game, and I loved it. Everything about this game is just amazingly fun. But I have to ask, which song do people prefer, “Still Alive” or “Want You Gone?” I’m having a hard time picking one

Still Alive, hands down for me. I think the shock of the first song will never ever leave me. It is one of those never forget gaming moments. The second song was OK. Nothing special.

For Portal 2, I wont forget [spoiler] mantas-men [/spoiler]. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

In case you haven’t seen it yet, Portal: No Escape.

//youtu.be/4drucg1A6Xk

That. Was. Amazing. Holy crap. I’m now even more convinced that they need to make a portal movie.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

And by “they” you of course mean those people, right there, that made that.

Seriously, someone give them 50 million dollars so they can make a movie.

Can’t wait for somehow it to get talked about on “Totally Rad Show”
Since one of the hosts for that is the director and one of the other hosts is a guard.

Seriously, someone give that yummy lady my number.

Repost from “Just frakkin’ awesome”:
More info from the director. He even talks about the actress!

Dan Trachtenberg’s ‘Portal’ catches gamer love, Hollywood buzz
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/09/01/dan-trachtenberg’s-‘portal’-catches-gamer-love-hollywood-buzz/?dlvrit=63378 (Courtesy of http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/04/dan-trachtenberg-talks-the-past-and-future-of-portal-no-escape/ )

"BF: How did you find your actress?

DT: The first person I got was a stunt coordinator and I needed him to help me find an actress, because the role was very physical. We got to talking about how we wanted it to be like that opening scene in “Terminator 2” with Sarah Connor and it turns out Danielle Rayne actually plays Sarah Connor in the live action “T2” experience at Universal Studios."

A lot more at the link!

Ended up getting Portal and Portal 2 because of the constant talking up it got on GWC.

Have not been disappointed, even if it’s taking me forever to get through 2 because of other awesome stuff that came up, and also a visit from my mother. And wow, that video was great.

I got 2 shirts from Tee Fury when they had their September grab bag sale. One is a Portal 2 in a Men’s size L. I’ve never played Portal but the shirt is kinda neat. Anyone want it?

http://www.teefury.com/archive/1253/LaurAtlas___Peahardy/

Hey Barb, if you haven’t given that away yet I’d love to take it off your hands! I’ve just started playing Portal 2 and it’s fun as all hell. If you’ve already given it up that’s cool. I’ll still like you. :smiley: And as always thanks for all you do hunting down the invading spambots from hell here on GWC.

I still have it Doug and now it’s yours! PM me your mailing address and I’ll get it in the mail soon. This can make us even on that beer. :smiley:

Hey, I’m looking for a co-op partner who hasn’t played it yet.

I know, I’m about a year late, but on the off chance there’s still someone who is playing portal 2 for the first time like me, let me know!

I haven’t played the co-op. I’ve been trying to get my little brother and my fiancee to play the co-op with me for a year now, but with no success.