Poll: Separate Caprica Forum?

All,

Do you feel that it is important and valuable to keep a separate Caprica forum? Over time the Battlestar conversation will begin to wane and the Caprica conversation will begin to expand. Does it make sense to you to have two separate forums or should we consolidate the two into one? Consolidating the two will keep the Battlestar forum relevant, keep the “top level” leaner and overall less cluttered.

The poll will close March 31. Thank you!

i say keep the two…but thats just me

Thanks Solai

No prob. I lean towards consolidation to keep things tighter (and in a year keeps the BSG thread active) but I also imagine there are some that see value in keeping them separate. Let the community decide!

I would keep them seperate, because otherwise the BSG specific threads will disappear under the Caprica threads and people may start to write copycat threads. I always support more folders, especially for the kids that put all of their files in one folder.

Yea i like them separate as well. I have a feeling that Caprica will not be for some people and they will still want to post in the BSG thread. That would just muddle up the Caprica threads if they are posting there.

Merge the two.

Separate. Caprica is going to be a different sort of show. (And if what I hear is correct, by “different” I mean “crappy.”)

Separate threads. Since Sci-Fi (SyFy) is trying to get away from the geek image then most likely Caprica won’t last long…“craaaaapy” or not.

What the hell SciFi? Just what exactly is so wrong with the geek image? Do we not spend money and support quality programming? Seriously, I’m just about ready to rewrite Shylock’s speech as a geek manifesto and send it off to them.

Oh yeah, I vote separate for now, with a suggestion to revisit the question after the Caprica pilot.

I vote seperate…with a caveat! Combining the 2 at this point I feel is premature. I would say keep them seperate for now & revisit the issue in say a year or if/when the Battlestar threads really start to wane & Caprica takes off.

I say keep them separate, especially since next year people will be posting about Caprica as an active show, and posting about BSG out of nostalgia.

Keep them separate for now. I’d hate to see BSG discussion get lost under Caprica.

The voting’s over, but I say separate for now… like others have said, not everybody is going to like Caprica, even though they like BSG… it may make threads redundant, cause they’re part of the same universe… but you guys can always make a decision to merge them again, if it gets weird.

How about a “Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea” (starring Richard Basehart and David Hedison) forum? Then again, best not to overwhelm the capabilities of the Internet.