Picard, Xena and Conan... oh my!

This arc for the next few weeks (ok less than that cuz I suck) is one more episode of our
Picard arc, which is very cool.

But here’s the real news. I’m almost abuzz with it. You ready? Ok, try and contian yourselves… coming after the Picard arc is - Conan!!!

It’s true, we are mixing Picard, Firefly, Xena and Conan into the bucket and seeing what comes out of it. So the next couple weeks the cast will go a little bit like this.

Apr 9: Theme Trek Arc 3/Xena 2
Apr 16: Conan 1/Firefly Pt. 5
Apr 23: Conan 2/Xena 3

Yeah homies, it’s the hotness.

So if you’re looking to participate fully, your first stop will be the Frak Party forum where FP guru Badgerspoon will likely post a watch schedule for some or all of the films/episodes.

Remember, it’s all casual and fun. If you get a chance, pop over and check out some of the fun. If not, don’t worry – the podcasts will be fun for you, too.

It will be a very cool couple of weeks. We’ve been wanting to do a Conan arc since I picked him for FSFL!

uber-sweetness! :smiley:

Oh dope Conan!!! I hope in some way my in person enthuisiasm helped sway C&A over to our darkside Sean

There is only one Conan movie.

And there’s only ever gonna be one Conan movie.

This, of course, would be a good excuse to bust out Red Sonja.

Question for the arc: I worship the (only) Conan movie, and I may have read a book or two back in my youth, but I have no knowledge of the books or comics. What’s a good place to start?

One could make an argument for Conan being one of the best movies ever. One would be in a minority. But one could do it. Yeah, I said it.

Also, some intriguing scripts for Conan sequels have surfaced over the years. Frickin’ Arnold Schwarzburgher and his misplaced priorities.

That’s awesome! A Conan arc.

I assume we’ll watch some of the early shows from the mid '90s as he gets his footing in the talkshow format. Then a few from the golden years as he really came into his own and culminated in hosting the Emmys. Lastly, the rapid decline as he transferred to the Tonight Show and undercut by his predecessor. I’m looking forward to it!

HE PUNCHES! A CAMEL! IN THE FACE!

Best movie ever

Speaking Red Sonja, looks like Rose McGowan (?!) is out of the attempt to make a new RS flick:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44520

Citizen Kane, Boogie Nights, Goodfellas – all good movies. But nobody punches no camel in the face.

If you get a chance listen to the audio commentary with Arnie, it’s fantastic. About 5 minutes before that happens he says:

I remember this bit. I punch a camel in the face. That was hilarious

Another gem from the commentary is:

Am I wearing lipstick in this scene? I don’t remember doing that.

Arnie does commentary!?! whoosh

A Picard arc is not complete without ‘Chain of Command’ parts one and two. His grueling ordeal at the hands of the Cardassians and that soul searing battle of wills and egos with Gul Madred is epic.

And besides it has David Werner in it, anything with him in it is good…:slight_smile:

There are FOUR LIGHTS!!!