Phoenix Meetup May 24-26, 2012?

I’ll be in Phoenix next weekend, May 24-26 for a conference. I’m not entirely sure of my whole schedule yet, but I should know more this week. Would love to get together with Phoenix-area GWCers if you have any spare time that weekend. I’ll follow up here as soon as the schedule finalizes.

Anyone interested?

Replied on Face Book as well. I am in Scottsdale. My wife and I are heading up to Durango CO on Sat. the 26th but if you are free for lunch Thur. Or Fri. I’m buying!

Hey Chuck. A lot of us will be attending PhoenixComicon next weekend but I would love to see you if we find a good time to meet.

I will be at the convention too, but it is downtown so you may be nearby. It would be nice if you could stop by it would be a real bonus to an already Geeklicous weekend, hope to see you. :slight_smile:

Keep us posted on your schedule and hopefully it can work out in between Con activities.

Ok, so I know a little more about what’s going on this weekend. I requested and received media credentials for the Comicon, so maybe regardless of what else we do I could meet up with some of you at the 'con at some point and maybe record a little bit for the podcast. I’m not sure what the restrictions are on the pass, but I’m sure we can figure it out. Here’s what I know so far:

Thursday (tomorrow) night I’m pretty open. There’s an opening reception, but it’s optional.

Friday I present in the morning and have some options throughout the day. I’ll be at the conference at least part of the day, but will probably need a break, too. Friday night there’s a reception running 8p to 10p that I need to attend, but I strongly doubt I’ll need to be there the entire time.

Saturday is much like Friday, but there’s a reception from 6p to 7:30p that I need to attend.

Sunday is like Saturday, but I head to the airport at 3:30p.

I’m staying at the Sheraton Downtown Phoenix, which I think is pretty close to the Phoenix Comicon.

So what’s going on? :slight_smile:

Thursday evening I arrive at the Renaissance Hotel @6pm and then the con @ 7pm. There is little other than some Anime screening going on that I would gladly give up for some company so I would be free that evening. Friday at 10pm there is ‘Party like a Timelord’ which I believe Aimee, Dawn, myself and hopefully others will be attending (Renaissance Hotel/Pueblo Room) if you wish to meet a number of us at once this seems a good bet (though perhaps a little noisy…).

If you would be so kind as to PM your number to Dawn, Kiroki and myself we could all keep you up to date with with our meanderings and possible hideaways when you want to make an escape.

Edit: If the Sheraton you are staying at is the one at 3rd St and Van Buren you are literally only a block away from the convention center, you just walk south on 3rd to Monroe and boom; you are there. You will also be next to the Arizona Center which has lots of nice restaurants and places to hangout.:slight_smile:

Hey Chuck- Why don’t you come to the Time Lord event Friday night? Most of us will be there, it starts at 10. I’m working graduation tonight. Saturday am /Sunday am has potential too. I’m pretty sure you have my cell # so text me on Friday and we can go from there.

Ok, guys. Last ditch chance at this: I’m done with conference stuff around 7:30p tonight. If you want to get together, I can probably swing it tonight. Brought recording gear, so I’d we have the chance I can record a piece for GWC. Lemme know what’s up either here or on Twitter.