Person Of Interest Episode 3.08 Endgame **** SPOILERS ****

Episode Summary from aceshowbiz.com:

The POI team’s war with HR nears a boiling point when Finch receives 38 numbers at once from The Machine. He discovers they are connected to an unknown player who is inciting an all-out war between the crime organization and the Russian mob. Meanwhile, a window into Carter’s past is seen through flashbacks with her son’s father.

Episode Summary from en.wikipedia.org:

To be filled out when available.

Please use this thread to discuss the series’ fifty-third overall and third season eighth episode Endgame. Rule: Please keep spoilers limited to those revealed during the series up to this episode only.

Not keeping tabs on the behind-the-scenes infrastructure behind the show it’s episodes like these that really can pop surprises on you. Will everyone survive? If not, who will die? It’s kind of fun watching a show like this versus something I obsess about like Doctor Who or Agent’s of S.H.I.E.L.D… This was definitely a good episode but left a few things on the table. Like Root, for instance. She’s in the Library the whole time with Bear and Finch but you never see her. And what about the Government/Research? With something this big going down and the FBI becoming involved I can’t see the government not involved. And just how does The Machine view Harold’s imprisonment of Root? Was it really The Machine’s idea or is Harold going against the Machine’s wishes.

After John’s comment about Bear I’m sure we’ll see Bear in a K-9 ballistic vest soon. Remember the veterinarian they saved a few episodes back? Unfortunately I see her being used again. It’s gonna hurt watching Bear get shot but at least he won’t die.

Carter’s vengeance and dilemma this entire episode was very prevalent. I’m glad she finally decided to call in the cavalry. But will her Lone Wolf antics result in one of her friends getting killed? I’ve been wondering where her son is. The back story with the boy’s father was appreciated but I feel like it could have been implanted a long time ago. Carter’s use of Elias was beautiful. And Elias worked right with it. Don’t get me wrong, the Carter-Elias alliance won’t last for ever but it is impressive watching it work. And as far as Carter’s duping of Fusco - not cool. Not cool at all.

I’m surprised it took HR so long to get a photo of Mr. John “Man-In-The-Suit” Reese. But now that they have it this might change things for quite some time.

~SO