Person Of Interest Episode 3.07 The Perfect Mark **** SPOILERS ****

Episode Summary from aceshowbiz.com:

[i]Finch poses as a man in need of hypnotherapy in order to gather more information about the newest POI, Hayden Price, a con man posing as a therapist. Shortly after his session with Price, Finch notices that Price has cleverly extracted a modest sum from his bank account, something he does with many of his affluent clients. As they search for the threat to Price, they discover that one of his clients is an antiques dealer who uses his shop to launder substantial amounts of money for HR. Price stages an elaborate con to get the antiques dealer to buy him a signed baseball worth over $4 million, which the dealer pays for with HR’s money. Furious that the money was lost, Alonzo Quinn orders Simmons to track down Price and the baseball to get HR’s money back, using Price’s girlfriend, Natalie, as a hostage. Reese and Shaw interrupt the exchange between Price and HR, saving his life, while Carter and Fusco rescue Natalie. Later, it is revealed that Natalie played Price all along, and she makes off with the valuable signed baseball. Meanwhile, Carter continues to use Laskey to extract information about HR’s dirty dealings. After meeting with Elias, she learns how HR launders their money through the antiques dealer, then relays the information to Reese and Finch when the stolen baseball comes up and their two paths cross. Detective Terney later uncovers that Carter has turned Laskey, putting both of their lives in danger…

[/i]

Episode Summary from en.wikipedia.org:

To be filled out when available.

Please use this thread to discuss the series’ fifty-second overall and third season seventh episode The Perfect Mark. Rule: Please keep spoilers limited to those revealed during the series up to this episode only.

This was not my favorite episode. It was probably not my favorite episode because it did not really move the overall story forward and we’ve already had a con-man story. Sure, we find out who is giving HR the orders and Harold and Root discuss The Machine and their relationship with “her,” we see Elias once and Tourney and Laskey kill each other. But it felt just like we were rolling in park and not driving anywhere. It was also not my favorite episode because the I saw the double con coming a planet away. The phone was already bluejacked. The kid who came to buy the ball right away. The girlfriend who used to be a patient. It was an easy read.

We already have our con-man. Leon. And where has he been? Although I suspect we will see our con-woman, “Natalie,” again. Jennifer Ferrin seems like a fun actress.

And talking about HR how could Carter have not held her guard up around Quinn? If you are investigating a covert organization wouldn’t you suspect everyone until you cleared them regardless of who their family was? I would. Or maybe I’m just jaded by years of twisted television and movie plots.

A government/research scene or two probably would have done this episode well.

~SO