Person Of Interest Episode 3.03 Lady Killer **** SPOILERS ****

Episode Summary from aceshowbiz.com:

Reese and Shaw follow our new POI, Ian Costa, who appears to be a lothario and very efficient stalker. Reese breaks into his apartment and finds dossiers about a variety of women, including Dana Wellington, who recently died in an accident. Worried that Ian’s stalker behavior has escalated into serial killing, the team sets a trap for Ian at a local nightclub, using Shaw, Zoe, and Carter as bait. Ian takes an interest in Carter and asks her out on a date, and while on the date, Carter and Ian are accosted by hired guns that are after Ian. After learning that their presumed serial killer is actually a potential victim, Finch discovers that the thugs hired to kill Ian were sent by a Bruce Wellington, Dana’s father. Ian tells Carter and Reese that Dana was an old love from college and they had accidentally gotten pregnant. Wellington was a powerful man who didn’t want his name damaged, so he made Dana get an abortion and paid Ian to leave his daughter alone. Ian hadn’t had contact with Dana or her family until he went to the funeral to pay his respects, and while he was there, Bruce Wellington snapped. Wellington put the hit on Ian to make sure that Ian didn’t find out that Dana never had an abortion and that Ian’s son is actually alive and well. Overcome with a desire to see his son, Ian kidnaps the boy while Reese, Zoe, and Shaw search for the birth certificate in hopes of getting Ian rightful custody. Overcome with guilt, Ian calls Carter to apologize for the kidnapping and to set things right. Dana’s sister, who had been raising Ian’s son, agrees to give Ian visitation, while Bruce Wellington is arrested for attempted murder. Meanwhile, the Machine tips Root off that Hersh is scouring mental hospitals up and down the eastern seaboard and planning to kill her when he finds her. With the Machine’s help, Root engineers an escape from the mental hospital, narrowly avoiding being shot by the trained assassin.

Episode Summary from en.wikipedia.org:

When the Machine gives a number of Ian Murphy (Warren Kole), a man suspected of being a stalker, Reese along with Shaw recruits Carter, Fusco and Zoe to investigate further into his background. But when they discover that Murphy has a son from a former lover who is now dead, they work to reunite the boy with his father and right the wrong set in motion by the boy’s grandfather, who wanted Murphy dead after he didn’t approve of him and saw him at his daughter’s funeral. Meanwhile Root sets her escape plan in motion with the help of the Machine when government operative Hersh tracks her down. Finch arrives at the hospital and finds to his horror the hospital staff incapacitated and Root gone.

Please use this thread to discuss the series’ fourty-eighth overall and third season third episode Lady Killer. Rule: Please keep spoilers limited to those revealed during the series up to this episode only.

It’s great to see Shaw and John working together as a combo team/duo solo field agent assets. They actually work together quite well. I’m looking forward to Shaw’s further development this season. There’s just something about Sarah Shahi that makes her one of the more unique female TV series characters I’ve seen.

I’m not sure I appreciated the way this episode painted Carter so vulnerably. She’s done more threatening things in the recent past. What’s the change? Her demotion at work? She is still as competent as before, just with less clout and rank. Anyway, it didn’t feel right, I didn’t like it and I hope the mistake isn’t repeated again.

That being said don’t think I didn’t appreciate the ladies night out! I’m glad the show took a couple of minutes this season to showcase the women - Shaw, Carter and Zoe - out having fun.

Root’s escape was amazing. Her interplay with the therapist continued to be captivating and enthralling. The pre-planning, the step by step methodological explanation to the therapist, her calm, cool and collected execution - it was deliciously baked liked a scrumptious Sunday morning brunch pastry with mimosa. This was one of the show’s finest moments. Kudos!