Person Of Interest Episode 3.01 Liberty **** SPOILERS ****

Episode Summary from aceshowbiz.com:

The Machine, now completely self-governed with its whereabouts unknown, resumes giving Finch its “irrelevant” numbers for people in danger, which include a U.S. naval officer in town for Fleet Week. However, with so many sailors flooding the streets of New York City, finding the officer in time presents an even bigger challenge for Reese and Shaw. Meanwhile, Carter has been demoted to a patrol officer as a result of her being set up by the corrupt police crime organization HR, and sets a plan in motion to eradicate them for good. Also, Root tests the boundaries of her new asylum surroundings.

Please use this thread to discuss the series’ fourty-sixth overall and third season first episode Liberty. Rule: Please keep spoilers limited to those revealed during the series up to this episode only.

The continuing storylines and arcs in this show are amazing. I’m going to watch this episode again tonight to make sure I caught everything but where to start? The now-ensemble cast and multiple intertwining plots are so delectable!

Root’s conversations with her therapist were so yummy. The fact that “Uncle Harold” placed her in the mental institution is oh so ripe for the revenge dessert. And the argument with The Machine about whether or not she should kill the therapist? Hoth-planet chilling cold!

Shaw’s a tad bit more wild than she’s ever been. Eating a scrumptious steak off the tip of her hunting knife, smashing cell phones when the job is over, and being a loose instrument of violence needing to be reigned-in. At first I suspected that she would be the perfect pair for John, but even he is calm and domesticated when compared to her.

Carter’s deal with Elias has my ears perked up - especially since no one else knows about it. The girl is definitely keeping secrets - including the one at the back of her closet which is mapping the entire HR organization in revenge for Beecher and Szymanski.

We get close to learning more of John’s past with the reference to what caused him to join the Army in the first place.

Fusco and Finch are being Fusco and Finch.

All-in-all this was another A+ PErson Of Interest episode. I’m soo glad I watch this show!

~Shooter Out

A little bit more…I loved the updated intro/title sequence. It hasn’t changed much from season one, but it has been updated.

The ability to run simultaneous ops with both John and Shaw will make the pacing a bit faster this season if they continue the multi-plot numbers.

The mention at the beginning of the episode stating that The Machine is still giving numbers to the “bad guys” is troublesome (reference the newspaper article about the cop getting a lucky tip who then discovers plutonium in a car trunk). The machine is doing benevolent work, but at a cost in some cases that might be too high.

I did appreciate the tip of the hat to the NSA leaks about their monitoring this past summer. Root’s therapist was the one who made the in-series disclosures on that topic. So not a main character but at least it was stated.

That was pretty at the end of the shootout at the pawn shop when Elias’ man picked up the diamonds and the cash. Gotta love that little monster.

I didn’t catch the fact that the helped sailor dropped the rest of the uncut diamonds in the champagne glass for the happy couple at the end. I hope we see him again.

My original thought on this episode still stands. I liked it very much.

~Shooter Out