Parks and Recreation

The Crue has mentioned this show recently so I checked it out on NetFlix. I love it.

Amy Poehler is amazing and hilarious. My favorite character is April. She cracks me up. Everyone on the show is brilliant.

Exhibit A:

[b]Leslie: What if he shows up with another woman? What if one of my sleeves catches on fire and it spreads rapidly? What if instead of Tic-Tacs I accidentally pop a couple of Ambien and I have to keep punching my leg to stay awake?

Ann: Those are all insane hypotheticals and I promise you they won’t happen.

Leslie: They have happened. All of these have happened to me.[/b]

Frakkin marvelous.

Share your thots.

Exhibit B:

Tom: On a scale from one to Chris Brown, how pissed off is he?

I was going to complete the title with “is the best!”

Leslie Knope is my hero. I have a plush Li’l Sebastian on my desk at work. Next year for Halloween I want to go as Leslie as Rosie the Riveter.

TREAT YO’ SELF!

Mad ups for this show!

Our favorite characters are April and Andy. The episode where they get married ( S3E9 – Andy and April’s Fancy Party) had us kind of misty eyed.

All “Parks” characters are just “outside the ten ring” enough that the writers get to have each go “over the top” some times. This is quite fresh and enjoyable.

OB

It’s also arguably the most feminist and progressive show on (broadcast?) television. I LOVES IT.

OK. Fun game.

Who I want to be? Ron Swanson
Who folks think I am? Andy Dwyer
Who I think I am? Jerry Gergich

Oddball replies for the fun game :slight_smile:

Who I want to be? Andy Dwyer
Who folks think I am? Andy Dwyer
Who I think I am? Andy Dwyer

//youtu.be/YBesnhei-Vs

/shrug

Every time Leslie gets drunk, I need a new spleen. I was watching the episode where Tammy One and Tammy Mom face off. I had to pause it for an hour while I laughed after Leslie got wasted on Mom’s moonshine. “I can’t feel my face. I can’t feel my face.”

BWHAHAHA!! ouch OUCH!
guffaw BWHAHAHA!!

Who I want to be? Leslie Knope
Who folks think I am? Leslie Knope
Who I think I am? Leslie Knope

A friend of mine who started watching the series last year said to me that the more she watches the series the more she sees the similarities between me and Leslie. What can I say, we’re both passionately idealistic but also awkward, lol.

I appreciate Leslie’s Campaign site: http://www.knope2012.com/
(if you don’t want to know how last season ended don’t go there, it reveals the result of the election…)

Yes … geeze Louise … drunk Leslie ( and friends) is some funny stuff.

//youtu.be/PwjY6s7yfSk

OB

Knope/Swanson 2012 - I hope there are T-Shirts. I might write in that ballot on November 6th.

You, sir, owe me a new spleen.

I’ll see what we have in the “Lost and Found” box :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/KQIZknYo52s

//youtu.be/98m6CF55ASQ

OB

So a little life story.

I took yesterday off to take our daughter to her "tumbling " class at one of our townships fine parks and recreation facilities. I had never before attended as Mrs. Oddball usually takes version 2.0 to her class.

Anyhoo … while there I noticed 2 different ladies sporting “the Leslie Knope” hair do. It seems to be in fashion for our P&R folks :slight_smile:

The icing on the experience though was as we were putting our shoes and coats on in the cloak room next to the registration desk, I heard the lunch chit chat from the P&R break room. While discussion lunch options one person actually replied "Treat Yo Self " followed by hearty laughing.

OB

Joe Biden to guest appear on Parks and Rec.

Huff Post linkage

Looks like Leslie’s dream of meeting Joe is about to come true :slight_smile:

OB

//youtu.be/jLaSk-_Euxk

The episode two weeks ago? Had me in tears of joy. and re: Biden that should be awesome. I mean, Leslie’s had a not-stellar track record on meeting her heroes (see this season’s opening episode with Olympia Snowe and Barbara Boxer! And she totally brushes off John McCain, who I do not think is on Leslie’s List of Amazing Women. :wink:

Ugh … Ben Wyatt says Picard is better than Kirk … grrrrr ( S5E6 “Ben’s Parents”)

//youtu.be/jS1B2Ofd_J4

Mr. Wyatt (if that is your real name) … you’re SUSPECT!

OB

Word!

In my cross hairs, Ben Wyatt. In. My. Cross. Hairs.

OB, that video made me tear up. Kirk out.

I’m with Wyatt. Picard over Kirk any day!

also, I love it when Ben geeks out. Like when he talked about his fan fiction when he and April were stuck in the parking garage. Or when he was going to get chicken parm and watch Bladerunner after a big day. hehehe. ONE OF US!