Overheating laptop

Anyone have any tips for how to get at the cooling fan for a Dell inspirion n7010? I have tried compressed air through the back vent and under vent. It doesn’t seem to help. The case isn’t broken up into sections like other laptops. So the whole bottom or top has to come off and I am not sure which. I can’t find anything online for my particular model.

Dell website has a service manual for your model does this help?

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insn7010/en/sm/fan.htm

Looks like you have 31 screws between you and your processor fan, good luck :slight_smile:

Removing the Processor Fan

Follow the instructions in Before You Begin.

Remove the battery (see Removing the Battery).

Remove the module cover (see Removing the Module Cover).

Follow the instructions from step 4 to step 6 in Removing the Hard Drive.

Remove the optical drive (see Removing the Optical Drive).

Remove the keyboard (see Removing the Keyboard).

Remove the palm rest (see Removing the Palm Rest).

Lift the connector latch and disconnect the I/O board cable from the connector on the system board.

Had the same overheating problem with my Compaq laptop and had to open it extensively as well to get with the compressed air close enough to the dust at the ventilator blades.
Good luck! You’re gonna need it!

Looks like you have 31 screws between you and your processor fan, good luck :slight_smile:

Only 31. Well that should be a easy then.

Yeah I had my Dell E6400 overheat it warped the motherboard, damaged the CPU and took out the screen back light somehow so the man from Dell came out to replace them. That plus i’ve already gone 2 HDD and a DVD drive i think the only original component left is the keyboard. at least work pay for the repairs though