OUYA Game Console

Behold the power of Kickstarter.

OUYA – A New Kind of Video Game Console generates $4,000,000+ in startup funds.

Funding Achievement Reach! (+4M)

Advance to Construction Round.

Ready?

Fight!

OB

It’s an adroid phone with a controller and a hdmi out. Which you can do on a lot of androids now. It’s ridiculous this got funded tbh

I think it’s a very interesting concept but I’ll be holding back on my $100 until I see it in action.

And I think calling it a phone with a controller is like calling the Xbox a computer with a controller. It’s technically true, but you can’t deny the details make a huge difference.

It’s entire purpose is to run android apps. It’s a completely fair assessment

I like to graze around KS and look for things to throw shiny coins at. Some of the “swag” and “mentions” are fun to get. It’s cool to just see the inventive ways people are applying their hopes, talents and dreams to their futures … and possibly ours :slight_smile:

Regarding this game rig … I wish these folks well. Hopefully they find a market and bring something into the retail space that is worth our hard earned coins. Not sure if it will change the world as much as the specifications below … but, you never know. Of course if they just blow $5M+ that would be disheartening :confused:

System Apple I
Developer Steve Wozniak
Type Personal computer
Released April 11, 1976
price US$666.66
CPU MOS 6502 @ 1 MHz
Memory 4 KB standard
expandable 8 KB or 48 KB using expansion cards
Graphics 40×24 characters, hardware-implemented scrolling
Successor Apple II

OB

as a Kickstarter follow up …

Amanda Palmer New Record.

the order of magnitude of the “goal versus pledged” amounts is astounding.

In my opinion, KS stops being a simple “funding” mechanism at some point and starts being a distribution method.

OB

Kickstarter is weird. They were looking for a little under $100K and they’re now up over 5 million with 20 days to go. I think it should cut off at goal +10% or something.

As far as this console thing goes, I’m not really sure it’s something I’d buy. Why do I want to play phone games on my TV?

it seems XBMC will work on the Ouya as well.

Network World – XBMC on Ouya Console Article

OB

fyi … current KS total is :

<Doctor Evil voice>
7.78 Meeeeellyon Dollars … muahahaahahahaha!!!
</Doctor Evil voice>