order of the phoenix

note I have not read the books yet…

just finished watching all the movies in the last few weeks loved the first two and than it seemed to go a little astray, but the end of order of the phoenix was just perfect. with all the kids coming together to fight darkness, and getting there small victory, and than the realization that they were not yet a match for full blown wizards… just made me beg for the next one, to see them go at it when they are ready…

must start reading these things…

Yes you must! The movies are great. Each of the directors does a great job of capturing the overall flavor of each book, but like any book to movie adaptation, so much is left out.

Its funny you say that, because I watched the first four movies before reading the books. I liked the movies, but understood that I was missing some of the details and motivations spelled out in the books. OotP was the first movie I watched after reading the book, and after viewing I was left with the feeling “How could any one follow it without having read the book first?” I guess it still makes a good movie on its own but the story really is a lot richer in the book.