NYC Meetup? - Thu 12/8 or Fri 12/9?

Not silly. :).

I figured most people would only be free for dinner, but it looks like we’re expanding out to be most of the day - lunch somewhere (place & time still undecided) and then afteroon at the museum followed by dinner at d&b.

No one should feel like they need to be at all three. Twitter’s a good way to keep in touch about timing and finding us at one of the locales, so just send me a follow request.

Well I’m def in for dinner, might bring a friend with me if she wants to adventure into the city!!

I don’t tweet, but feel free to add me on facebook. “CRASHER” to keep me in the loop! If my work day is dead I may make a day of it!

Double frak me, its a double-post :stuck_out_tongue:

Dave N Buster is nowhere near AMNH - that is up on 81st and CPW. Near the Museum however is Big Nicks, way better than Dave N Buster which is a tourist trap and cost less since Big Nicks serves the UWS locals. There are additional restaurants that are fantastic in that area on Columbus Ave BTW

I was suggesting it because he(?) said his hotel was near Times Square…it’s easy enough to jump up and down on the trains once you’re in the city and the trains run well the up and down that 2 miles isn’t that big a deal, but I’m not locked on to anything, was trying to make a close-by suggestion of a fun place is all :slight_smile:

So I do have the day off on the 9th, so I can do Lunch, afternoon wandering and probably dinner.

As for lunch, there is a chain place behind AMNH that is reasonable. There are a bunch of places around Columbus circle, Times Square and Penn Station that we can hit for lunch, there isn’t too much along Central Park West otherwise.

just gonna put it out there - there’s a great burger place up near natural history - Homer’s. I think its on 83rd and amsterdam. big nick’s is great too

why don’t we do big nicks for lunch & then museum, D&B can be our backup for dinner. I’d prefer somewhere around times square for dinner so I won’t be too far from my hotel. If folks have other suggestions for dinner, let me know and we can firm up plans in the next couple of days. Keep in mind we have at least one person under 21 planning on coming for dinner, so we need a place where that will work.

Cool, I’m no guarantee for the whole day anyway…all depends on if I get any work calls and how the rest of my week pans out, but I can for sure make this dinner meet at D&B, later on in the week I’ll PM you my cell so I can be kept in the loop of where y’all’s at!

Sounds good

Btw I’m a girl. ;). Easiest way to find me will be looking for the.red.curly hair. I was planning on PMing my cell # to folks who replied to this thread. So if anyone’s been following, but not posting don’t hesitate to PM me & ask for the.#. I’ll also try to keep a running twitterfeed so people who follow me there can see where we are.

I’m planning to get to big nicks around 11:30am and probably heading to the museum no later than 1:30pm And then arriving at D&B around 5:30pm - 6:00pm.

My Devils hoodie does tend to stand out…I stick out too even for a 5’7’’ dude…but we’ll figure something out Thursday into Friday…and least I don’t need to have the do I call you a he/she/it question in my head now :smiley:

Sounds like a plan to me. I should be in the AMNH area around 11:30ish. I’m PMing you my cell number.

Cool! I’ll PM mine to you too. Approved you as twitter follower & am now following you, so we can keep in touch that way too.

Hey Steve, Tried to PM you with my cell phone number so you can be sure to find us for dinner on Friday, but you’re mailbox is full. I’ve followed you on twitter, so if you follow me I can PM you the # through twitter.

If anybody else needs my number just PM me. :slight_smile:

FYI Discovered that there are two Big Nick’s near the museum - so this is the one I was thinking of:

Big Nick’s Pizza Joint
70 West 71st St # 1, New York, NY 10023-4236

Hey Badger - that should work great. I could meet you there & then we could take the subway up to lunch, if you want. :slight_smile:

Le sigh. I’m not going to make it. My original travel plans fell through at the last moment. I’d get there way too late.

Sorry y’all. :frowning:

What time?

:frowning: that’s too bad, we’ll miss you !

will 11:30 work ok?