NYC Crue meetup, Sat. 14 May 2011

Hey all, time for the NYC spring “Let’s forget the snow” meetup, and this year it will happen around the time of the release of the movie “Thor”.
Thor will be released on 6 May, so any Saturday in May will work if there are any major coordination issues. Any planning issues or suggestions for activities other than the movie, please discuss.

See you all in May.

If we can aim for earlier in the month than later, then I’m in. I need to keep the end of the month free for the impending birth of another nephew. :slight_smile:

Oooooh I’d totes go see Thor

You know Steviespin and I were talking about seeing Thor in the city at some point, so I am most likely in, and I will post on FB for those that don’t stop by here as often.

Argh! I’m travelling that weekend for Mother’s Day…

Dang, Is it really mother’s day weekend? :frowning:

Badger - will you be OK for the 14th?

Yeah, for some reason, we always seem to schedule these things on holiday weekends. :slight_smile:

Badger - will you be OK for the 14th?

That’s really up to my sister. I’ll tell her to cross her legs. :stuck_out_tongue:

I blame Hollywood… BASTARDS! :wink:

Because of my schedule, Mother’s day is not a big deal for me, I take my mom out the first day off I have off, but others may have to do something with their mom on that weekend. So I recommend we move the meetup to May 14th, that should get us around the Mother’s day problem, it’s still soon enough for the movie to still be in the theater even if it’s a stinkburger and Badger will probably not be an uncle again by that date.

So do we have any people that have a problem with the 14th? Would the 7th still be better for more people?

hey all

I may be able to make it this year, although I don’t think I could make the 7th. The 14th would probably be cool, although I may have to have seen thor by then… maybe the following weekend, the 21st, and we could see pirates 4?

14th works for me.

If I have any money left after the meetup I might make the trek in from Ohio.

I’m totes down for this. As long as it’s before the 20th.

Pfffffft like I’d take you

Like I care what you say. I’ll go without you.

Just a quick reminder, the meetup is a little over two weeks away. we should start talking about suggestions for events in addition to the movie.

Do we want to do a movie before lunch, right after lunch, or later? Do we want to do any other turist events, maybe see something or go to a museum? I have a membership to the American Museum of Natural History so I’m always up for that.

I suggest we hit the theater on 33rd street near Penn station because it’s closer to Penn station and Stout. Unless we can get tickets from the Times Square theater.

I think I can make it. Would anyone be interested in going to the Spanish Resteraunt I took Chuck to last time he was in NYC?

Must poke through my finances and see if this is within my budget. Let you guys know soon.

If it’s in your budget could you pick me up in Montreal. Only a slight detour :wink:

Sadly it doesn’t look like I’m going to make it out this time.

Serious bummer. We’ll also try to set up something for the late Summer or Fall. (After this adventure is finished that is…)