Noms for meetup! (restaurant list)

I did some recon on the area around the hotel for meals. There’s a lot. These are just a few I found thru Yelp, Google Maps, and individual restaurant sites that had decent reviews, options, and/or prices. Since there are no “officially” planned meals other than Sunday breakfast (and Thursday night Indian) I figured this would help to weed thru the overwhelming options in the area and maybe we can get a group or groups together Friday and Saturday night for meals. Since we have specific windows of time those nights we could make reservations. Realistically we’re not all going to want to eat at the same places but it might help to have some sort of organized plan. There are also breakfast/lunch/fast food type restaurants listed.

The area is seriously packed with stores & restaurants. Also, Target and Walmart are not far. About 10 liquor stores on Inwood Rd.

Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill
5000 Belt Line Rd
Ste 775
Dallas, TX 75254
upscale american comfort food
$6-15 (apps, soups, salads)
$12-30 burgers, steaks, seafood

Mr Sushi Japanese Restaurant
4860 Belt Line Rd.
Addison, TX 75254
$12-29 entrees
$6 2pc tuna sushi
$6 8pc tuna roll
$17 6pc tuna sashimi

Gloria’s Restaurant
5100 Belt Line Rd
Ste 852
Dallas, TX 75254
latin american, mexican
no prices on the website menu but prices on yelp look to be under $15 for most items
turns into a salsa club weekend nights after 10pm, dress code

Lazaranda Modern Kitchen & Tequila
5000 Beltline Rd
Ste 850
Dallas, TX 75254
mexican
$5-10 for most apps, soups, salads, single tacos/enchiladas
$15-28 entrees

BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse
4901 Belt Line Rd.
Dallas, TX 75254
endless menu of pub fare & pizza
no prices on website but prices on yelp mostly under $15

Sushi Axiom
5225 Beltline Rd
Dallas, TX 75254
entrees $12-28
classic & signature rolls $6-20

Thai Orchid
4930 Belt Line Rd
Addison, TX 75254
$9.95-17.95 for entrees
many choices

Mercy Wine Bar
5100 Belt Line Rd
Ste 544
Dallas, TX 75254
two words: cheese plate
one more: wine

The Flying Saucer
14999 Montfort Dr
Dallas, TX 75254
pub food
beer for beer nerds
crowded on weekends
live music

El Fenix
5280 Belt Line Road
Addison, TX 75254
chain tex-mex
most entrees under $10

Benedict’s
4800 Belt Line Road
Dallas, TX 75254
breakfast & lunch
lots of choices
mostly $10ish

Cafe Brazil
4930 Belt Line Rd
Ste 100
Dallas, TX 75254
Recommended by Reg!
breakfast/brunch food
all-night hours on the weekends

The Original Pancake House
5220 Beltline Rd
Dallas, TX 75254
just because…

The Egg & I Restaurant
15203 Knoll Trail Dr
Dallas, TX 75248
open for breakfast & lunch
no prices on site but lots of choices

Magic Time Machine Restaurant & Lounge
5003 Belt Line Rd
Dallas, TX 75254
Not the best reviews on Yelp but might be fun for a drink
Waitpersons dressed as superheroes, movie characters

“fast food”

Thai Box
4816 Belt Line Rd
Addison, TX 75254
cheap fast food Thai
counter service, eat in or takeout

Panera Bread
5325 Belt Line Rd
Dallas, TX 75254
soups, sandwiches, salads. pastries

In-N-Out Burger
15260 Dallas Pkwy
Dallas (Addison), TX 75240

Chipotle
5290 Beltline Rd
Dallas, TX 75240

Sweet Tomatoes
15225 Montfort Dr.
Dallas, TX 75248
seems to be an
all you can eat buffet
soups, salads, some baked goods

Smashburger
4980 Belt Line Road
Addison, TX 75254
chain burgers
also chicken sandwiches, salads, veggie burgers

Starbucks
5000 Belt Line Road
Addison, TX 75240

Dunn Bros Coffee
3725 Belt Line Road
Addison, TX 75001

Flyer Saucer has great drinks/beer.

El Fenix is the BOMB. Authentic Tex-Mex!

Cafe Brazil has good empanadas and coffee.

Smashburger has rosemary French fries that are addicting.

I’m game for any of the places you listed. Thanks for getting all this info together. Can’t wait to see everyone, and have you all meet the hub! He’s a little nervous about his first GWC meetup, but I’ve assured him he will fit right in.

There isn’t a good Thai place withing 50 miles of me so I vote for Thai or will lead a group that wants Thai one of the days!

Ooh, great job Trish!! I’d like some tex-mex for one meal at least. And some tequila would be lovely. Otherwise I’m ok with any of the options, they all sound like fun and within the budget : ) I’m definitely not going to be able to wait to pack, I’m so excited!

And I end the work day, the work week, drooling. Crom-damnit. Back in a bit, I need to swab out my face-hole.

For the record, I’m particularly hip to the Mercy Wine Bar (behold, the power of cheese), Cafe Brazil (I miss Brazilian food somethin’ fierce), and I’ve heard the Smashburger is a good joint for that sort of fare…and veggie burgers, f’reals? I’m in.

All the reviews raved about the fries, definitely a lunch spot we can hit!
Can’t wait to meet him! From his responses I’ve seen on your FB posts he sounds fun. He will fit right in. :slight_smile:

I vote Thai, too! Audra recommended Chow Thai which is a little further down Belt Line, as another choice.

I definitely want to do tex-mex. There’s El Fenix, a chain- maybe lunch as they have specials. And there’s Gloria’s, tex-mex and Salvadoran. Thumbs up from Audra on that one, she said they have great margaritas.

All good to me, too. Maybe we could do the Wine Bar Sunday night as a mellow wind-down. Cafe Brazil is open 24 hours on the weekends, we must eat eggs at 2am!

Also, I missed listing Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar for drinking and fun.

Great list. I would love to try some really good tex-mex. With tequila. And wine bar on Sunday evening sounds good.

Maybe a gigant breakfast on Monday? Two years ago I had chocolate pancakes and didn’t have to eat lunch that day. :slight_smile:

Thai Orchid gets my endorsement, and Café Brazil sounds like it would be good for late night munchies due to its weekend hours.

Trish, you are made of ossim!!

Don’t forget the Double Dip!

7511 Main Street
Frisco, Texas 75034
(972) 377-8668

M-Th 11:00AM - 9:00PM
Fri & Sat till 10:00PM
Sun Noon-9:00PM

Let’s make a frozen custard run!
They also have the fabled Frito Pie!

I am always up for frozen custard. Always.

Should be a small group left by Monday morning, maybe we can try to all go together.

Ooh, yes! I have not gone in years past. I’m in!

How about Gloria’s for Tex-Mex on Friday and Thai Orchid on Saturday? I was thinking, since we probably all want to be meeting up at the hotel before the official 7pm start, that we could do early dinner at Gloria’s. 4:30? That would give plenty of time to hang at the hotel bar as people arrive. Also, they don’t take reservations so early is better. I plan to pop over sometime Friday and give them a heads-up if we have a large group. Thai Orchid opens for dinner at 5:00, allowing us to make it back with a little time to change for cosplay.

Respond here or tweet me (@evolutiongirl) or tell me in person if you’re interested. Speak up if you have a different opinion, these are just suggestions; yell out “no, I want sushi!” and you’ll probably find a group that wants sushi. :slight_smile:

I plan to check out as many of the breakfast places as I can; eat Cafe Brazil late, late at night; devour Smashburger’s fries; and Double Dip with BKitty!

Sunday, maybe Mercy Wine Bar, or maybe we won’t be able to move by then and we get pizzas delivered.

Trish, that sounds great- count Mike and I in! If there is a late night trip to Cafe Brazil we’re definitely up for that as well. See everyone tomorrow!