Next GWC Arc: Stargate

Cool - thanks for the guidelines. I can’t listen to the podcast til I get a better sense of SG!

As much as I’d love to, I don’t think I can fit the entire series of SG and SGA in a weekend. :smiley: So, nothing wrong with watching some choice eps just to get my foot in the door! Thanks for everyone’s recommendations - definitely watching these eps.

But, I will watch the pilot now that you’ve piqued my interest in that. Was it really terrible?

Only in comparison to episodes that followed.

Oooh, hard sell. Me likey! :smiley:

Like pretty much 99% of most television series, the pilot sorta kinda reeks compared to later episodes. However, it does actually set a pretty good tone and gets things rolling.

Hey guy’s, new listener here and thanks to your, I am giving Stargate a try. I too was reluctant and thought it looked kind of lame, but so far I really like. The fact that you all were reluctant as well and then gave it a try and love it pushed me over the edge. Thanks!

Welcome aboard, Bryancd. So glad to hear that you gave SG1 a try. It’s one of my favorite series, but I think I had the benefit of coming across it in syndication and having zero expections initially. Most people who react negatively are comparing it to something else, which is natural, but not really fair.

Thanks! I loved the comment that the pilot for SG was as bad as “Encounter at Farpoint” but with full frontal nudity. Yep, pretty much! LOL!

hello greetings and salutations from the gatecast (see the way I linkied there aren’t I clever :smiley: )

no thread existed for the bonus episode you guys did so I thought I’d horn in here (seemed logical).

thanks again to all at GWC oh and p.s. do y’all have an email I can send a little 3 minute audio feedback file to?

appreciated muychly
Phaze
on the “So have I broken ALL of the forum rules on my first post, or just some of them” ID

Welcome to GWC pahzedout! Email the file to Chuck at galacticwatercooler Dot com …especially if it’s a complaint, Chuck just loves those emails.

And you didn’t break any rules…so far! Nice try though. :smiley:

I’m nearly at the end of season 1 - i’m on the one where daniel is on an alternative stargate earth

Welcome aboard!

And no, you’re fine. We have very few forum rules. (Aside from the Wheaton Rule: Don’t be a Dick.)

I dont know if its been mentioned but the entire Stargate SG1 series is now all available on netflix instant viewing. Im rewatching season two now.