Next Arc: The Guild/Dr. Horrible

If you haven’t already checked out Felicia Day’s awesome web video series The Guild, run (don’t walk) to the URL below and give it a look:

http://www.watchtheguild.com/
It’s available free, but it’s also out on DVD – and it really benefits from the “play all” feature more than TV does. And most of all it’s a must-watch for all MMO players, friends/families of MMO players, and geeks in general. Great, great stuff.

After the Alien arc we’re devoting two 'casts to The Guild.

Update: We weren’t going to announce it immediately, but since there’s been so much discussion here it seems dumb not to tell you that we’d already planned to cover Dr. Horrible in a one-shot following our Guild arc. :slight_smile:

Planning to divide it up by seasons?

Indeed!

baltar

Cool. I’ve been meaning to get DVDs, now I have an excuse.

“Truth, Mr. Lipton / That’s how you build The Guild.”

They’re pretty cheap too, like $10 or 11.

Or free online.

But Ms. Day deserves your money.

Very, very cool. I watched part of the first season when it was running, but kind of fell out of it due to school deadlines. A couple weeks ago I picked up both seasons on DVD, and couldn’t stop laughing. Epic stuff.

Just a thought: maybe you could extend the arc to 3 'casts by following The Guild ones with one for Dr. Horrible. You’ve mentioned it several times on the show before but never (if I recall) focused a 'cast on it explicitly, and they both sit side-by-side atop the world of short-format web content. After all, The Guild was what inspired Joss to do Dr. H online.

I’ve been looking for an excuse to watch these, yay! :slight_smile:

I am also a Guild virgin. I’m not sure how many hours of Felicia Day I can watch without turning to jelly, seeing as I’m …ya know…in love with her and so forth.

Thot, for you baby, I’m gonna dress up as FD for Halloween. :wink:

Edit: Just so you know, that was all tongue in cheek, as Ms. Day is willowy and I look more like the blonde lady who neglects her kids on the guild (except for my red hair).

It’s great high-quality stuff, and yes, Felicia Day is love/lustworthy.

These are going to be great podcasts!

Either way, I’ll be in my bunk.:o

The Guild rocks, Thot! And at three to five minutes (approx) per episode, you can set aside an hour or so for a couple of nights and watch both seasons.

Then retire to your bunk. :smiley:

What’s the Guild content like? Suitable for young kids? The little ones will be excited to Penny from Dr. Horrible. And I’m guessing they’ll be glad to learn what that “Guild” thing she sings about on Commentary! is.

I can’t wait to see what you guys have to say about this one. As a former EQ player from 2000-2006 & former WoW player from launch-3-4 months ago I can completely relate to the antics in this one!

I can tell you that EQ had much more drama than WoW has had. Mostly because there was way more interaction in the community as a whole. On my server alone we had the top guild leaders girlfriend delete the guild when they broke up, a serverwide effort to destroy a guild whose sole purpose was to mess with people, a celebrity sex tape release of sorts, the same guild leader who had his guild deleted was banned later by yet another girlfriends boyfriend who was lead GM on the server…to name a few! That last one ended up being known throughout the game because it ended up on the Fires of Heaven message boards.

dxf, I wouldn’t say it isn’t kid suitable. I would say they wouldn’t udnerstand most of what is going on. I doubt they’d enjoy it.

I don’t remember anything objectionable in there.

Legend of Neil, OTOH, is NSFW from about the second line of the theme song.

…but funny as hell.

Woot! I loves me the guild. I became a Felica Day fan because of this series. Looking forward to this.

Chris

I think for this arc I’m just gonna use the Shatner from the WoW commercial for me avatar. I may change me mind if inspiration comes knockin’

Just watched the first few shows.

Strangely they remind me of us. :eek:

Squeeeee-squeeee-double woot-squeeeee (re: the addition of Dr. Horrible).

Happy dance~Happy dance~Happy dance!!!

Looking soooo forward to this arc!!!

Is it bad that I identify a little with Clara?