NEW (not Caprica) Galactica spin-off?

Ain’t it Cool News has posted this neeeeeeews:
Syfy Developing Another BATTLESTAR GALACTICA spinoff!

Highlights:
• In talks with RDM
• a return to space opera roots
• not necessarily a traditional series

woweeeee!! sounds great… sounds great… i really hope that turns into something. I miss space:-( Although I really enjoyed the last episode of caprica, so a second season would be very welcome news

My reaction will depend on the specifics. To many “spin off’s” could be a dangerous thing. I mean what could it be? Maybe the time in between the
1st and 2nd Cylon wars from the perspective of the cylons?

I think a show about Pythia would be pretty sweet…

I agree about the Galactica universe being RICH.

we could have a show around the tribes leaving Kobal, looking for a place to call home.

could be caprica ends with the start of the war, next spinoff would be the war itself.

could be the journey of the 13th tribe…

WOW … could go in almost any direction…

I will watch ANY sci-fi shows pilot and they will stand or fall on their own merit. Just like I did with TNG, and DS9, and voyager as well as Enterprise. I only ended up watching TNG and Voyager. ( i have since watched the last season of Enterprise and enjoyed it a lot.)

IMHO of course.

First Cylon war Band of Brothers style please. Please please please please please

cautiously optomistic…
…a band of Brothers Cylon War would be cool
…a Exodus/Banishment from Kobol would be cool
…a 13th Tribe story woudl be cool

I’d like to know where they’re going to go with this. A leaving Kobol series or the journey of the 13th tribe might be too close to what we’ve already seen. I know that this has all happened before, but I’d like to see more than just a new twist on the same story.

I like David’s idea of a Band of Brothers First Cylon War style story.

For the way their accounting must be an utter nightmare, why not try PRODUCING MORE EPISODES AT A TIME? :mad: I fear Caprica may have a shorter run than Dollhouse if this is the case. The sad thing is, Caprica is actually quite good compared to the monster movies SyFy shows…

PLEASEEEE don’t turn BSG into a SG-1 with all the spin offs and tv movies…

A "Band of Brother’s/“Pacific” style Cylon War show would be nice maybe a Kobol show or even a show about the Final Five…but they need to be careful here…please.
I grew up watching BSG so I hope they don’t frak BSG up…