New Media and Content

This week’s On The Media podcast from WNYC addresses a topic that comes up often on GWC – creating and distributing creative content via the web. The program is always worth listening to in its entirety, but two segments are particularly interesting:

Is Online-Only TV Ready For Prime Time?
This year the Upfronts - the model that was once used by television channels to sell advertising and show off their slate of shows - was passed to a new platform – online. Digital programmers held the first ever event to show off their online programming, called the Newfronts. Bob talks to Sahil Patel, reporter for the online trade publication Cynopsis, about what the brave new world of online-only TV holds in store.

Producing Television for the Internet
The world of shows produced expressly for consumption on the web seems to be expanding rapidly, attracting not only amateurs with cameras, but seasoned Hollywood veterans. Brooke talks to Thinkprogress.org culture reporter Alyssa Rosenberg, and the co-creators of the web series Husbands, Brad Bell and Jane Espenson.

The segments address those questions of how does new creative content get distributed without following the model of commercial or subscription TV.

three examples off the top of my head …

“Geek and Sundry”… Felicia and friends … They’re the ones that are cool now:slight_smile:

Wool … well worth the read.

Journey Quest fun and free. Like listening to your cool older siblings read to you from D&D Monster Manual.

put down the remote … trust us … things will be alright :slight_smile:

OB

Because really … how many of those stars can you really dance with any ways?

Thanks for the heads up on these, I know what I’m checking out in the am.

sent from my robot phone o’ death using Tapatalk II