New GWC Website/Forum Art

Today we refreshed the art on the GWC website and here on the forum as well. This update doesn’t bring any functional change to how either site works, but hopefully it’ll give you a little something new to look at.

We’d like to thank the makers of BSG for not giving us any grief at all for our long-running and now retired previous bug, which was obviously a fun poke at the beautifully re-imagined Galactica logo. As I’m sure the powers-that-be know, we’ve always held BSG near to our heart, and we’re really excited about the upcoming 4.5 premiere – and ultimately BSG’s grand finale. But even though we’ve never received a letter (or even a carefully placed whisper-in-the-ear), we’ve always felt a little dirty for allowing someone else’s work to represent this great community.

Hence, we decided to update with a logo that’s solely ours (and yours).

The logo came from a lot of discussions via the three of us and the rest of the GWC crew, but the art is all Sean. He designed the ships you see on the blog, 3D rendered 'em, and performed all his digital magic to give us something completely original to stare at while waiting for the next podcast. If you enjoy it, you might take a minute to thank him. (Artists run on props, too, though they sometimes don’t admit it.)

I’ll also tell you that the ships you see on the blog don’t exist in a (pun intended) vacuum, at least not story-wise. Over many beers and nights grilling, Sean and I shot the bull about exactly why they’d look the way they do, who they belong to, and why you see all the crazy-cool lightening effects. This means that there really is a story behind the art…

…but I won’t spoil it for Sean by spilling it all today. If you’d like to know more, ask him. :slight_smile:

Anyway, this is a momentous occasion for us as we’re finally under an original banner. Look for significant changes in the online store shortly to include the new look and fun new items. And look for a commemerative print featuring the new art in the near future.

And thanks for sticking 'round. I can’t wait to watch season 4.5 with all of you – and head on into what comes next for GWC.

The new art looks great. I am totally digging it. Props to you’all :slight_smile:

Wow! The new art and logo are awesome. Great work Sean! Major props dude. :smiley:

Sean Rules!
Sean Rules!
Sean Rules!
Sean Rules!

:eek:wow.:eek:

speechless

I just want to say the new graphics on the blog are awesome. I’m thinking it was Sean that made the graphics if not then props to the ones that did, ether way really nice work.

i saw it and i literally said aloud, “wow! mad cool”
cause ya know, it really is

rock on!

Nice. Very nice.

Sean, you got skillz! I can’t wait to hear the details of your new blog art!

Very cool! When are we going to get to hear the story behind the ships?

Wow. Sean has amazed all again! Good Job!

Fantastic work, Sean. Getting the place all nice and shiny before the holidays and our long awaited BSG goodness.

Thanx.

GWC ROCKS!!!

Awesome, just simply awesome

AWESOME

New ships look awesome! Since you did them in full 3D, is there any chance we can see more views of them? Maybe some high resolution wallpapers size? (Please!)

Amazing art, and great spacecraft design Sean.

Although if the design are all Sean’s, shouldn’t the ships have, you know, boobs?

Looks neat! I’d have included some boobies, though, but that’s just me.

My dear friends… your not looking close enough - of course they have boobs. Look at the cruisers behind the main ship and the fighters.

Ok, so we have boobs. Do they also transform? :smiley:

And hello, there’s THREE !! Way to improve on Mother Nature, Sean.:smiley:

Awesome looking new artwork. The Forum header looks great too!.

I am always amazed at the things artists can come up with. I wish I could stop being control freak enough to just try it. But, alas I am one of those that attempts it, it doesn’t look right. I get mad & don’t try again.

Major props to you Sean.