New Doctor revealed

I’m watching the live show right now. Its just been announced, Peter Capaldi http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0134922/

Is it a coincidence that he played a character called W.H.O. Doctor in World War Z!

Interesting. Born in 58, that means he’ll be 55 now. That’s how old William Hartnell was when the original series aired in 1963.

Anxious to see what he brings to the table.

Hmm about time the decided. Can’t wait to see what this incarnation brings.

I was frankly quite surprised. I thought they would keep choosing younger and younger actors, but I like Peter Capaldi. He’s a good actor and I think he’ll do well as the Doctor.

If they went younger than Matt Smith we would see the Doctor going through puberty.

Peter Capaldi is a fine, fine choice. I know nothing about him, so usually wouldn’t judge, but in this case he commands the respect of his colleagues, peers and fans. Plus = HE IS A FAN OF DOCTOR WHO. 'nuff said.

drops mike

I was hoping for a woman… Why does it have to be a dude?

It doesn’t. I think the world is at the cusp on this one. We see from River Song’s regeneration that the Doctor isn’t locked into a single race, but we haven’t seen an instance (I think) of a Gallifreyian jumping gender. Not impossible, just no evidence yet that it could happen. Would I like it to happen? Absofrakkinglutely. That being said, still happy with this choice of Doctor.

Tonight the BBC is showing “The science of Doctor Who” presented by Brian Cox. I think I seen Peter Capaldi in one of the promos for it. I know most of the people here are in the US, and I’m not sure if it is being broadcast there, but I’m sure there are ways to get a hold of it if you have the means.

Ok, Capaldi wasn’t in it. I really need to pay more attention to promos!

Anyway, the show was pretty interesting. The Doctor Who connection was pretty tenuous, it could have been about almost any sci fi. Still worth a watch.