Need GWCers For '09 San Diego Comic Con Live-Blogging Team!

We’re hoping to attend next year, but in the meantime we’re looking to offer some live coverage of the 2009 San Diego Comic Con on the GWC Blog/Podcast. We need your help!

We’re putting together a live-blogging team for the event. It’s a little different than normal GWC blogging in that we’re looking for different post types, and we’re going to use a different submission method to make it simpler for you to submit material via an iPhone or other email-capable device during the day while you’re at the show.

If you’re interested in participating, PM me. I’ll discuss it with you via PM, and I’ll send out a blanket PM/email to all the final participants before the event with final post type/submission method/etc. information.

To give you an idea of what we’re looking for, though, so you can decide if you’d like to delve deeper and participate:

[ul]
[li]Photos with one or two paragraph descriptions of what we’re seeing, where it is, and why it’s cool.[/li][li]News bits released during panels. (Bonus: iPhone/Cameraphone/whatever photos from the room)[/li][li]Fun stories about what you’re seeing, what people are saying, what’s going on and that sort of thing. (Bonus: Pictures)[/li][/ul]
Once we have our final team assembled, we’ll likely schedule a couple of phone-based quick live recordings for inclusion in the podcast – “what it’s like to be there” sort of things.

Anyway, you won’t have “press credentials” or anything, and we’re not setting up interviews or such. But we’d love to cover the event with a GWC spin. So if you’re attending and would like to participate (or have questions), drop me a line.

Just wanted to update everyone and say thanks to all the GWCers who’ve signed up. We’re really looking forward to your coverage and appreciate your work!