My LOST adventures in Hawaii....

For those of you who have been missing it…I’ve been blogging about my LOST adventures while in Hawaii. The hub and I have been geeking out on LOST while here. We’ve taken two LOST tours, gotten to see some filming and stalked the studios. I’ve blogged everything except the 2nd tour so far. I’ll probably do that one tomorrow.

Here are some links:

Stalking the Hawaii Film Studio

LOST filming (no major spoilers, small scene w/ only 2 actors, didn’t really see/ hear anything but got pics)

LOST 10 hour Tour (some pics on blog but link to full set of photos from blog)

Did you get to meet Smokey and have a sit-down or whutever? Have you kidnapped Josh Holloway yet?

You’re in Hawaii? I hate you.

Did not meet Smokey…how totally scary/cool/pee-my-pants frightening would that have been? So, we haven’t been judged as of now.

If I had met/seen Josh Holloway, he would have been reported missing. That’s all I’m sayin’. :smiley:

I’m glad we got to see some filming but we really would like to see/meet some of the other actors. I loved Sam Anderson. He was a great guy. I’m not a Matthew Fox or a Jack fan so that wasn’t a major thrill for me other than getting the pics to show other people. I’d love to get to meet Michael Emerson, Terry O’Quinn, Jorge Garcia…and then I’d be squeeeing at a frequency only dogs and dolphins can hear.

That is soooo OSSIM!! To walk on the actual set. You must have had goosebumps. I know I would have.

When family 'talos went to Philly and the Star Trek exhibit, even though it wasn’t the actual set, the hairs on the back of my neck still stood up when I walked onto the TNG bridge and sat in the captain’s chair. I would still be there if it wasn’t for security.

I’ve met Jorge once last year.
But it was a promotion event for the start of season 5 here in Germany, so I could only snap a blurry picture with him and the organizers had to rush him through us fans.
And if you can’t recognize him there, here’s a picture with him and me on the right side.
He seems to be a great dude and should be very approachable (when he isn’t dragged by the media people of course).

Can’t wait to read your next experiences from there.
And did you have planned to be in Waikikki for the Sunset on the Beach Premiere?

We actually planned our trip before they announced the premiere so we missed the premiere, which was a bummer. Our last full day is today. We leave tomorrow afternoon, so time is running out. The filming that has been going on as of late is more remote, in muddy areas. We haven’t been able to get to any of it. I know Jorge has been there. We’ll see if we can catch any today or not. If not, at least we saw some filming. We learned a lot and heard about the premiere.

Do you listen to any of the podcasts (Jay and Jack, The Transmission, etc.)? If not, I really recommend them.

OK, gotta’ go blow dry my hair and then go do some souvenir shopping for friends and family. I’ll post pics from my 5 hour tour on the blog later.

Amy

Envy
Thanks for the pics.
I probably would have tried to steal the donkey wheel.

I see. The announcement must have been a bit too late for you. Enjoy your last day!! :slight_smile:
To Jay & Jack I listen constantly since Season 3 and The Transmission as well, but not that regularly. Also to the official one (Darlton RULE, but Chris is really a chicken :smiley: ).
If you don’t know her blog already, Erika does IMO the best LOST recaps.

OK, here is the blog post w/ the 5 hour tour pics. Enjoy. There’s a bit of an Easter Egg in there.

Great places you have visited there. Is the EasterEgg the last two pictures or is it hidden before?

It’s the last two pics. Our driver said that his company will have to alter their route for the filming because it looks like they’ll be filming in the direction of the road the Hummers take past the site. Pretty cool to see that though, huh? Our driver was a huge LOST fan too and could talk about it really in-depth and you could tell he was all giddy about seeing that being built.

Wow, what an adventure! Awesome.

very cool! I’m very curious who your other least favorite character is, the one you want to give a fist full of shut up.

Well, she whines a lot…and is always “tracking” other characters through the jungle…and came to the island as a fugitive…ok, I’ll stop being so secretive (lol), it’s Kate.